chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
I've been bidding and buying a few items off Bid-up TV over the weekend. Sad I know O-Ha !!!

Just wondering if anyone else have brought anything off bidup and then had the item valued with safeguard ??

Some of the guide prices seem very inflated. But you can send the item to safeguard who will value it, if the valuation is less than the guide price, bidup will refund the difference.

It would be interesting to know if anybody had been successful in receiving a refund from bidup after having the item valued.

Also £40 (Safeguard valuation charge) is quite expensive way on checking if the guide price is inflated. It would seem stupid for bid-up to make such a statement unless all there products were first evaluated by safeguard before being put up for auction.

So every time bid-up make this statement are they conning the bidders that all there guide prices are approx the retail selling price.

Anyone ???

Chris.

N

net1

Once bought one of those steam cleaners advertised on QVC etc. Biggest load of rubbish for the price. Hope you dont get your fingers burnt Chris.
Net1

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
I've brought a mother of pearl watch for £60 very nice!!! Guide price was £365 so if its worth less bid-up should refund the difference!!

Been trying to bid on a metal detector this morning but I dropped out the bidding at £35, Closed at £45. Was going to check the back garden for hidden treasure.

Chris.

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
Just brought a Nike Tracksuit for £21 <--

I can look like Jimmy Saville now!!!

Now then, now then...

bratwurzt

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The other day QVC or Ideal World were selling a computer games pack consisting of 4 old games for £15.99 claiming that their retail value was £75.00. However when sold seperately in my local branch of Game, they were part of the £4.99 budget range. So when you include pp it came out at the same price. How they could state they were £75 is a disgrace.

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
I did some more research on the web before bidding on anymore items from bid-up and i found this-

Bid-Up TV value? Yes, if you're careful, and if you can get it. Two very quick examples.

I bought a really cool looking dinner service. Paid £60 for it. Haven't even bothered to see if I could get it retail, or cheaper, because I like it, and to me it's good value - so bid-up would get 10/10 on that.

But I also tried to buy my wife a necklace - a very expensive one, guide price £900 (yeah, yeah, I know, I'm not dumb, probably only £600 in Samuels) - but I got it at 12.50am on a bid of about £80!!!

In short, it never arrived; "lost in transit", an excuse I've heard before. Bid-up just couldn't bear to lose mebbe? So 0/10 for that.

Biggest tip; bid at 12.30am, but don't get too good a deal or you'll never see it!!!

I've had a few items that i won the bidding on and thought that was cheap, but you never receive the items!!

So don't get too good a deal or you'll never see it!!!

You can read more customers reviews on bid-up here- http://www.theukhighstreet.com/perl/review.cgi?;ID=880&nh=1

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
So they dont send stuff by recorded /registered post then ?

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
Its just an excuse they use... if you check your credit card statement they have not even taken payment.

If you receive your item it's sent via business post and require a signature.

Genie

Make a wish
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 with 320GB HDD running Nabilosat 0.12
1 metre motorised dish. Intel core i7 920 PC
My Location
London
I'm hooked on it.

I've bought many things off bid up.tv including a Ellesse jacket, coffee table, £200 pound watch for £22!.

Everythings always arrived on time. Good stuff too, was not dissapointed at all and I'm not a mug, I know what's worth what, and I know the guide prices they quote are a bit over the top sometimes, but I still get loads of stuff for far cheaper than it would cost me if I had to buy from the shops or on-line. :-band