Anyone dealt with pentacard.co.uk?

tux233

Reaction score
Hi

I ordered an item from the above site 10 days ago. Payment was made through paypal and the invoice shows that payment was made to satellite-supplies.com. The latter I have seen advertised here on this board so I presume they are sponsors. How are these online shops related?

I am posting this as I have not heard from them since the order was made and all e-mails sent have not been replied, so I am starting to think that I have been scamed.

Has anyone ever know or dealt with this online store?

Regards

T

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, they do pay for an advertising banner here, but are not sponsors, I see that they don't have a phone number on their site, but a whois search shows this information. http://www.networksolutions.com/who...eKeyPage=/whois/entry.jhtml&_requestid=167799

I would say that if you are buying on the internet, then do not buy from anyone who does not show a phone contact number on the site, whether they are an advertiser or not and I will speak to Chris about this, as paid advertisers, must be seen to be contactable by more than an easily ignorable E-mail address.

Any advertiser here has the benefit of a huge throughput of hobbyists, but must be prepared to stand accountable, it is also our reputation at stake.

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
ive dealt with pentacard and their dutch affiliate satellite supplies,in the past.and ive never had any problems with them.try sending them an email,maybe they went on vacation.im sure they havent deliberately tried to rip you off,maybe a gentle reminder might refresh their memory.

tux233

Reaction score
Hi

Both the sites I mentioned do have telephone numbers and I did call pentacard.co.uk, but only got the answering machine. I did not try many times as I am calling from Portugal. Also tried contact through ICQ as I see they are online via the link on the site, but the guy just replied "Who are you?" and still have not been authorized to chat on ICQ.

I e-mailed the dutch affiliate Satellite-Supplies to ask what relation they have to pentacard.co.uk and why payment was made to them instead of pentacard.co.uk.....NO reply.
BTW, when I check my order status it says "Processing", but the item I ordered was in stock...
This, and the fact that they do not reply e-mail or authorize me on ICQ is what makes me worried, but the fact they do actually pay for a banner here does put me at rest in a way. They must just work on their customer relations.

I'll let you know the outcome of this "dilema".

Thanks

Best Regards

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
According to the UK Statutory Instrument on 'Distance Selling Regulations', a seller who requires payment in advance must provide an address. Not sure about other countries, e.g. Portugal.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Since you have paid by Paypal, you do have some recourse via their protection policy, if anything happens to go wrong. Be prepared for a lot of paperwork though, Paypal are happy to take the money, but a complete pain when refunding.