Anyone familiar with Scientific Atlanta D9834

Jabul

Reaction score
My Location
Sofia, Bulgaria
Hello all. Let me first apologize for my vast ignorance in the world of satellite TV, but I to am very new to this. I am now receiving AFRTS service on a Scientifc Atlanta D9834 (their new decoder). I am receiving the service on the Hotbird 4 satellite at 13E on frequency 10775. I have a universal LNB and a 120 cm dish. Where I am confused is in the FTA area. Evidently, this decoder will allow me to download up to 64 preset frequencies. Unfortunately, the users guide has only very vague basic instructions, and the S-A site has nothing. I got even less help from my emails to S-A, so now I'm turning to you. I would like to secure some of the Free-to-Air channels that seem to be plentiful on Hotbird, but I can not seem to tune them in. Every time I try to save a new preset, I get an error that the "frequency is out of range". My L/O is set at 9750 (which, as I read the user's guide, I should not need to change). Can anyone give me some guidance on what channels are worth getting and how I can go about receiving them with this equipment.

Thanks so much.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Jabul said:
Hello all. Let me first apologize for my vast ignorance in the world of satellite TV, but I to am very new to this. I am now receiving AFRTS service on a Scientifc Atlanta D9834 (their new decoder). I am receiving the service on the Hotbird 4 satellite at 13E on frequency 10775. I have a universal LNB and a 120 cm dish. Where I am confused is in the FTA area. Evidently, this decoder will allow me to download up to 64 preset frequencies. Unfortunately, the users guide has only very vague basic instructions, and the S-A site has nothing. I got even less help from my emails to S-A, so now I'm turning to you. I would like to secure some of the Free-to-Air channels that seem to be plentiful on Hotbird, but I can not seem to tune them in. Every time I try to save a new preset, I get an error that the "frequency is out of range". My L/O is set at 9750 (which, as I read the user's guide, I should not need to change). Can anyone give me some guidance on what channels are worth getting and how I can go about receiving them with this equipment.

Thanks so much.

Hi Jabul

If you are using a Universal LNB you should enter LO1 as 9750 and LO2 as 10600. 'Out of range' means that presumably you are inputting frequencies in the higher frequency range that your LNB is not configuered to pick up.
I have the 9234 but I should imagine the same procedure applies.

Llew

Jabul

Reaction score
My Location
Sofia, Bulgaria
Llew said:
Hi Jabul

If you are using a Universal LNB you should enter LO1 as 9750 and LO2 as 10600. If you have an LNB with only a LO frequency of 9750 then 'out of range' means that presumably you are inputting frequencies in the higher frequency range that your LNB cannot pick up.
I have the 9234 but I should imagine the same procedure applies.

Llew
Thanks Llew. I currently have "0" in the LO2 spot. My LNB says its a 10750-12500 ( or something close to that) range. So far anything with a frequency slightly over the AFRTS frequency goes "out of range". The information on the 9234 seems to be much better than the 9834 -- I don't think they want you tinkering with it too much (all the AFRTS info is reloaded now).