Anyone having difficulty accessing the forum using Avast Firewall?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well back on my 8 year old XP PC seems fine, must be the laptop O/S

Edit well it is the Avast firewall that seems to be corrupted as I have switched it off and edited this

Last edited:

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well back on my 8 year old XP PC seems fine, must be the laptop O/S

Edit well it is the Avast firewall that seems to be corrupted as I have switched it off and edited this
Nice work.

It's made a vast difference.

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using Tapatalk

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Nice work.

It's made a vast difference.

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using Tapatalk
Lol but not permanent it is back again and I am back on the XP PC, if it was browser related I could understand it but it is not

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Ah, I see my Tablet has reactivated the signature nonsense. Not sure how that happened.

Will job it forthwith.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Ok it seems I am finally sorted, went on the chat function and Mr Raj suggested we reset to Hub 4 to factory settings, he believed there was some corruption in there as the fault was intermittent but not a problem on an old XP PC. That PC is using IPV4 and this laptop is using IPV6 as is the hub. Anyhow a factory reset of the BT hub 4 seems to have sorted the problem, I have to confess I would never have found the paperclip hole even if I had looked for it. We will see how it goes from now on, forum does seem fast though

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Oh dear still at it have had to resort to IE

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Just goes to show how wrong one can be, finally yesterday I discovered it was actually the Avast firewall blocking my access to satellites.co.uk. It has affected at least three other members of staff so it is odds on it has affected some members as well and hence the title change to this thread. I personally have spent over 50 hours trying to track down this problem, I have connected via wifi, direct cable, mobile hotspot, I have followed all the processes on this link apart from the last few and many other helpful websites, I have driven BT mad and I have driven Rolf mad and it all boils down to the Avast firewall. When it is up and running it either denies me access to the site or it allows me to log in then randomly blocks me on this site but not on any other website that I visit. So I have now taken this issue to Avast, I have disabled their firewall but naturally I am not running without a firewall I am using the standard Microsoft version in place. I did originally make a URL exception rule for this website however, this too failed on a couple of occasions. So if anyone has been affected, I can only apologise on behalf of satellites.co.uk but the issue is unfortunately squarely and firmly in the lap of Avast

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Just an update, have had two Avast updates on the issue and I can report it has now been sorted, I do not know at what point it was sorted as I just kept forgetting to switch back to Avast firewall but at least it has been fixed now.