Anyone heard of a SAMY Satellite Dish

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Think that we have this one sorted now Jamie, watch Dr Dish occasionally, but to be quite hones, it is becoming a bit like magazines, by the time they come out, the information is out of date. Can't in my opinion beat the forums. :)

garyelliott

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am the owner of a Hymer 694G which I bought with SamY system already attached. It works fine on Astra1 in Europe but very few English programs other than CNN are availbable on anologue.

I made enquiries about switching to Digital but all UK dealers wanted me to but a new "Oyster Vision" system.

I searched Google for info and found an Austrian firm who gave me the following advice:

The Samy 65 electronic to found the satellite works only analog, but the LNC is also digital. The system can not found the satellite with digital receiver. When you surching with the analog receiver and the satellite is foundet you can switch off the analog receiver and switch on the digital receiver you can see all programms digital. You can not see the english programms who is not free to air you must have an special receiver only from england to can see the english programm with an pay card ( common interface).
The digital programms are also on Astra 1 the same position, but the digital programms are working on low band 14 Volt and on the high band 18 Volt.
For more information contact please www.ten-haaft.de

I have now purchased a Sky Mini box and hopefully I can now get Digital. I will let you know!

garyelliott

Reaction score
Further info from Austria:

We looking tomorrow which english programms are on Astra 1 = 19,2 degrees east and send you the list.
The analog programm is working on band 14 Volt and 18 Volt, the digital programm is working on low band 14 Volt and High band 18 Volt. So you must have an digital LNB you can see the digital programms. All Samy 65 works with an digital LNB, only the electronic of the Samy 65 to find the satellit can works analog.

best regards Bliedung

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
We switched the LNB on Peter's dish to a California amplifier LNB and mounted it upside down to stop it fouling the mount when the dish is collapsed.

Problem with using the analoge receiver to find the sat is that there is no analogue programming on 28.2E.

We installed an Emitor Spectralook via a 2 way splitter, so that the spectrum would give an indication of when the satellite was found.

karenhowkins

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
samy 65 satellite syatem
My Location
wrexham
rolfw said:
Can you take some digital snaps and post them Peter? :)

Samy is often used as a shortening of Samsung, of what does the system comprise?

Hi rolf.
I hope you dont mind, but i am also a new member to this forum and am also looking for help with my satellite system. I have been searching everywhere to try and find some answers to my questions, but have failed to find anyone who can help me, so i am hoping that you might be able to.
I have also purchased a samy 65 satellite system, which i pursume it has been taken off a german motorhome, which we have fixed to our rv motorhome. My problem is that once we have located the satellite and press ok to store the programme in, that when we do move the motorhome it does not seem to go back to its last position. There are two buttons with LEM and VPS on them, which we dont know what they are for, so im wondering if these do anything to store the programmes!
I would be very grateful for any help in sorting out my problem.

Many thanks
Karen

ventra

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Neta Motosat Automatic System onMotorhome
My Location
UK
karenhowkins said:
samy 65 satellite system, which i pursume it has been taken off a german motorhome, which we have fixed to our rv motorhome. My problem is that once we have located the satellite and press ok to store the programme in, that when we do move the motorhome it does not seem to go back to its last position.

Hi Karen

I hve just read through this post. I am pretty sure the SamY sat system you own is an analogue version(Old Model).

You could try _www.ten-haaft.de for support, but to be quite honest I am certain that they would be unable to assist as they only ever made the analogue SamY for the German Market and the original developers Andreas and Micheal Ten Haaft sold out a couple of years ago.

you could try _www.oyster-satellite.co.uk for a current digital model.

Hope this helps

Ventra