Anyone here on VM VIVID 350?

overt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Q, 48" LG 4K
My Location
Norwich
Hi! I've taken a new role at work and will be getting a small payrise (nothing particularly significant, only 100-150 more p/m after tax). I'm currently with Sky and their service recently has been unstable and slow and I'm just generally fed up with them. I'm more or less at the end of my contract with them and think I'll be leaving as soon as possible for literally anyone that isn't them, Virgin or not. What are peoples experiences with VM here? I'm in the Norwich area.

Cheers!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
There are a number of threads about VM if you search for them e.g. Advice needed on alternative broadband/homephone provider As with many things you can be lucky or unlucky. My son got a good deal four years ago or so he thought but telephone was always being disconnected by the over zealous green box men. The internet was mostly good however the amount of spam received was awful. Added to which after 12 months they bumped the monthly cost up to £80 per month. I think the industry itself is disreputable to be honest which makes the majority of ISPs the same but that is just my opinion I am sure others will have alternative opinions

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Why not go for the broadband service only and put the remainder of the -first - month's salary into a large terrestrial aerial to get a reliable service for your TVs ?

overt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Q, 48" LG 4K
My Location
Norwich
There are a number of threads about VM if you search for them e.g. Advice needed on alternative broadband/homephone provider As with many things you can be lucky or unlucky. My son got a good deal four years ago or so he thought but telephone was always being disconnected by the over zealous green box men. The internet was mostly good however the amount of spam received was awful. Added to which after 12 months they bumped the monthly cost up to £80 per month. I think the industry itself is disreputable to be honest which makes the majority of ISPs the same but that is just my opinion I am sure others will have alternative opinions

Honestly they all seem as bad as eachother. I'd only go with Virgin because their infrastructure is much faster than Openreach. I'm not going to bother with a landline phone either, I never use it so why pay for it! :)

Why not go for the broadband service only ...

I will be! My parents have the Virgin TV box, picture is good enough and they've never complained about it not working but bugger is it slow and clunky! Any particular favourites?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Honestly they all seem as bad as eachother. I'd only go with Virgin because their infrastructure is much faster than Openreach. I'm not going to bother with a landline phone either, I never use it so why pay for it! :)
Hedge your bets and get a VOIP tel. # from Voipfone or Sipgate. Virtually zero cost.