Anyone in North London

martz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Thomson Sky+ PVR3, Pace 2200 Sky box, Zone 1 Triax minidish with Thomson Quad LNB, 1m Gibertini and Technomate TM-1500CI+ Super (Patched) 1metre Gibertini at Astra 1 19.2°e
My Location
Barnet, North London
A quick word of advice, a shop in North London, Called Pars Satellite in Woodhouse road in Friern Barnet is awful, on friday i bought an lnb, and it wasn't up to scratch so when i took it back today only 3 days later then wouldn't give me a refund, so DON'T buy anything from there.

pinkerton

Reaction score
Dont they have to give you a refund? Isnt it the law?

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
You need to be able to argue 'not fit for purpose' under the sale of goods act.
They'll give you your money back then.

L.:)

martz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Thomson Sky+ PVR3, Pace 2200 Sky box, Zone 1 Triax minidish with Thomson Quad LNB, 1m Gibertini and Technomate TM-1500CI+ Super (Patched) 1metre Gibertini at Astra 1 19.2°e
My Location
Barnet, North London
basically the guy said comeback on wednesday when his manager is in so i'll go with my dad and try again, because to be honest i cant really do anything on my own because im only 16 and not very big.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
martz said:
basically the guy said comeback on wednesday when his manager is in so i'll go with my dad and try again, because to be honest i cant really do anything on my own because im only 16 and not very big.

Thats not quite the same as your claim in the first post is it ?

As long as you have the receipt, and the serial number ties up, there should be no problem.

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
As long as the item is still in good contition and origional state, complete with reciept, the shop is legally obliged to return your money or exchange it for another. If they have said no first time, or told you to come back at a later date, that is unacceptable, you should tell the manager that when you see him, he might give it you for free as a goodwill (And shut up...) gesture.:)

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
Try Parabolic Communications, Finchley. www.parabolic.co.uk .

Or Grandata, opp Wembley Stadium (Poppin Centre), general tv spares but not a sat shop, so they might not have some stuff you'd expect. www.grandata.co.uk .

martz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Barnet, North London
the first one is on Finchley road, thats not actually finchley,its in north west london and im going back with my dad on wednesday so we'll see, its a dodgy shop!