Anyone know if this combination will work?

woodlouse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystar2,
Fortecstar Passion HD,
moteck 2100, Lidl 80cm dish
My Location
UK
I'm currently upgrading my system.
I thinking of getting a Technotrend HDTV S2-3600 USB receiver and also an Nvidia 8600GTS graphics card which has hardware Purevideo HD chip.
I am assuming that the Purevideo HD chip will support sat tv streams.
I have a dual boot XP/Vista system but currently the Purevideo HD only works with Vista drivers (I think), so I will be installing onto Vista initially.
Also I want to be able to use Plug-ins (s2emu, vplug and softcam), and I'm having difficulty finding which viewers will work with this device in Vista - most of the forums seem to be in german or russian.
Any thoughts??

Prophessor

Folding*home
Reaction score
Website
koizo.sourceforge.net
My Satellite Setup
[ Relook 250S ]
My Location
Madeira
It would be easier to start by installing everything on XP and then go to vista. XP has all sort of working viewers, plugins, softcams and codecs, even for HD. If you are able to get it working on XP, you will have a better idea on what to do in vista.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Prophessor said:
It would be easier to start by installing everything on XP and then go to vista. XP has all sort of working viewers, plugins, softcams and codecs, even for HD. If you are able to get it working on XP, you will have a better idea on what to do in vista.

Excellent advice Prophessor, whilst Vista is still so very new to everybody, stick with the O/S platform that you know and trust and the combinations of software that are already tested and working with this O/S. Most software installations do not work with Vista and have to be modified to do so because of the way the security is arranged within Vista. That sort of modification is both costly and time consuming and whilst one day we will all have to bite the bullet, manufacturers would not be able to charge for this conversion therefore cannot just throw resources at it.

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
I have a Dell Dimension 9200 running with an S3200 card and Vista. I'm also using DVBViewer for this as the BDA drivers don't hook into Vista MC.

I'm using the beta drivers from the bottom of this page (1073):
hteeteepee://www.technotrend.de/english/download/download.html

HD looks very nice; I output 1600x1050 to a widescreen 20" LCD and 1280x720 to my Panny AE900. Graphics card is a 256Mb PCI-e x1300 ATI card.