Anyone know where to get power adapters (for laptops) on the the cheap online?

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Mine has finally given up and split, wondered whether anyone knew good places to buy, been looking about and £45-50 is the typical price :( It's for an Acer TravelMate 2300.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
http://www.laptopsandspares.com/acatalog/TravelMate_2300_2.html

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I just repaired my power supply's cable, but it needs a new plug now as there's very little cable left coming from it, and being a moulded plug means I can't just repair that....

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
technomate5500ci+ with 80cm motarised dish irderto cam mr mrev +dragoncam blue tit numerous fun cards infinity pheonix compaq and dell on wirelessrouter
My Location
no mans land
2cv can you buy a normal plug and put that on

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
wolfav said:
2cv can you buy a normal plug and put that on

As long as it fits the laptop, yes...

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
2cvbloke said:
I just repaired my power supply's cable, but it needs a new plug now as there's very little cable left coming from it, and being a moulded plug means I can't just repair that....[/quot
]

They don´t want U 2 fix this lol

That is why they do it the hard way (and they say it is the easy way lol )

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
dig deep said:
They don´t want U 2 fix this lol

That is why they do it the hard way (and they say it is the easy way lol )

I know, but if I can fix a £15-30 PSU with a 20p barrel plug from an electronics shop, I know which I'll go for... :D

sat man

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No dish,no aerial as live in flat!! Communal stuff on roof.
My Location
Southsea, Hants
Got one sat in draw !! had an acer travelmate laptop but the mother board blew up ! Wouldn't touch another acer again. Trouble is I'm here and you're there !

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
rolfw said:
http://www.laptopsandspares.com/acatalog/TravelMate_2300_2.html

That is strange, was just looking again and found that very website! Just under £30 aint bad, looks like the one, although I think I'll order it over the phone just to make sure they are legit. Thanks nonetheless rolfw and everyone. I can't imagine I'll need to buy another one, so I can swallow £30, but £50 is a joke.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
UPDATE - Got the adapter yesterday, works great! laptopsandspares.com is officially recommended.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I just had a look on that site for a PSU for my Tecra I'm repairing to sell, but £30 is a bit too expensive for me, especially as I have bought replacement PSU's off ebay before now and they've worked great, but I'll keep the site in mind if I win the lottery.... :D

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
2cvbloke said:
...I have bought replacement PSU's off ebay before now and they've worked great, but I'll keep the site in mind if I win the lottery.... :D

I can see someone interviewing you...

"How are you going to spend the 21 million pounds?"

"Hmm...I remember I bookmarked a website selling replacement laptop power supplies"

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
PoloMint said:
I can see someone interviewing you...

"How are you going to spend the 21 million pounds?"

"Hmm...I remember I bookmarked a website selling replacement laptop power supplies"

Nah, more like "I'll buy a fleet of Citroen 2CVs, just cos I can"... :D

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
2cvbloke said:
I just repaired my power supply's cable, but it needs a new plug now as there's very little cable left coming from it, and being a moulded plug means I can't just repair that....

When mine broke up, I hardwired the complete supply into the PC under the keyboard - still working three years later.