Anyone tried new USALS on Echostar ?

css_jay99

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Bromley london
Hi,

A few upgrades are now available for echostar receivers. some of them now have USALS.

Please can anyone who has done the upgrade let me know if the new menu for setting up a diseqc motor via USALS is OK or crap(as its their 1st attempt)

cheers

css_jay99

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
I've tried USALS with an Echostar DSB-808 2CI and it works fine with a STAB motor. The only problem I had was finding the USALS set-up menu, as there is no documentation available for the firmware change. Once there you just need to enter your latitude and longitude to the nearest 1/10 of a degree and N or S and E or W.

I already had my dish accurately set to Astra at 19°E. To make sure the receiver didn't lose the position I just disconnected the co-ax cable before selecting the USALS set-up. Next I selected Astra 1 and then stored the position in the satellite menu. After that I reconnected the cable and hey presto the motor automatically finds any other satellite that is programmed.

By the way, I still haven't discovered how the Echostar sets software limits on the DiSEqC motor travel - I though this was a compulsory part of the DiSEqC 1.2 specification.

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
easysat said:
The only problem I had was finding the USALS set-up menu, as there is no documentation available for the firmware change.

A correction: the manual for EchoNav 3 is now available on the support page on the Echostar site.