Anyone used erase.img successfully ?

Wobbler

Reaction score
My Location
Essex, UK
Needing a fresh start thought I would give this a whirl after seeing it on the dreamboxworld site, but dropping it onto FlashWizard Pro just reports it as 'not a valid firmware file'.
Do you reckon it only works via the serial link?
Ta.
\/\/

Wobbler

Reaction score
My Location
Essex, UK
Do you reckon you are supposed to flash erase after erase.img has finished?

I just went straight into copying my 1.09 image over the same link, maybe I should have first to clear everything out.

Striker10

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
top of flats, london
hi,

I used the erase image a few times and in all honesty it's NEVER worked for me, after using the erase img and then putting another imagine on after that it the image, gemeni or whatever I couldn't get to boot so that's something to bear in mind if you run into problems. If i were you i'd just flash erase a few times and then put on an image. sorry i can't help more, goodluck

Wobbler

Reaction score
My Location
Essex, UK
OK thanks, No I didn't get any problems other than it still not booting if the network cable is left connected, which was what I was hoping it would fix.

(The 'not booting with network cable connected problem' is under a separate thread - http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=44862)

Perhaps I better do it again and this time flash erase on the buttons after the erase.img has finished. Then do the 1.09 image.

I also have another problem where the DB won't see the Internet so I can't download latest c/panel, keys etc. That problem seemed to start when I first moved on to 1.09 I think, but I am going to start a new thread for that later - if I haven't junked the box before then. I have had it for a year now and have probably had about 6 weeks satisfaction out of it, it has a mind of it's own and I'm sure it's a badun', may be time to cut my losses and get a 7020. I'm sure support in here for the 7000 is going to get less and less anyway.
Gloom gloom.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
@Wobbler

You can flash erase if you wish, but it will not erase anything more. The erase image is itself 7 megabytes of zeroes !

Wobbler

Reaction score
My Location
Essex, UK
That right?
Oh ok then, I had assumed it was just something that would fill the flash area to the gunnels with whatever, just to make sure it was wiped.
There again, who understands the mysterious innards of the Doombox...