Hi all,
My db is now imminent on arrival, on my download list i have got:-

Hydra zues image
Flashwizard 4.5b
scam 2.3
flashfxp
autosatxml 1.5
newcamd(latest version)

Have i forgotten anything or are there any recommendations anyone has to make. I want to be ready for when it comes so I can play:)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Well, with the hydra you don't need the scam & the newcamd.
I would think that you also need to have an FTP prog & dreamboxedit to be really happy.
Regarding the autosat, I personally would not bother, download the stuff from the net and insert it into the box with the DBedit.
In any case, if you are realy worried you might have missed something RTFM :)

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
bigmantank said:
Hi all,
My db is now imminent on arrival, on my download list i have got:-

Hydra zues image
Flashwizard 4.5b
scam 2.3
flashfxp
autosatxml 1.5
newcamd(latest version)

Have i forgotten anything or are there any recommendations anyone has to make. I want to be ready for when it comes so I can play:)

You will find when you load your Zeus image it will not operate until you tune in a satellite. You will then be able to download latest control panel where you find newcamd 5.25, scam 2.3,autosatxml 1.5. So have valid transponder frequencies ready for sats you want to tune in.

Sorry T_G you got there before me.

bigmantank

Reaction score
My Location
Oxford
T_G said:
I would think that you also need to have an FTP prog & dreamboxedit to be really happy.
T_G said:
I think i got it all now, as an ftp program i`m going to use fw4.5b and flashfxp as recommended in klonas guide(after reading it for the 3rd time lol). I also d/loaded a couple more images to play with. Will let you know how i get on.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
bigmantank said:
T_G said:
T_G said:
I think i got it all now, as an ftp program i`m going to use fw4.5b and flashfxp as recommended in klonas guide(after reading it for the 3rd time lol). I also d/loaded a couple more images to play with. Will let you know how i get on.

Just bet you cant wait.

bigmantank

Reaction score
My Location
Oxford
john_graydon said:
Just bet you cant wait.

Damn right I can't wait. You can't imagine the problems i've had just trying to pay for it. I went to the post office changed my money into euro`s so i could pay the exact amount via a bank transfer, only to be told by my bank they would have to change it back to pounds so they can put it into my account, to send the money they would have to then change it back into euro's so they could transfer it into the sellers german account and they wanted to charge me £10 for the privelidge(as well as what i would lose in the exchanges). As you can imagine I told them where to stick there bank transfer. I then packaged it all up nice and secure and sent it via international post, I e-mailed the seller and was informed that they do not accept cash, can you believe it, a company that does not accept cash, anyway I came up with the idea that if one of thier employees took the cash and issued a cheque then it would be ok. Don't know if thats what they did or not but i got an e-mail saying they recieved the cash and a couple of hours later another saying it was all sorted out and my db was on its way.
So if anyone comes across a german company called Olano GmbH they are extremely helpful and in my opinion an excellent company to deal with. Hope the name dropping isnt against the rules.

So yes John you could say I'm a little excited :-righton

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Hope it comes quickly for you, 'cos there is a whole lot of fun to be had at the moment!

STICK

Fintaffy

Reaction score
Hi,

Dreambox edit is a good one to have but I sugguest you consider DCC Dreambox Command center. It is a realy good FTP, backup, editor and a lot of other useful tools in one

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
bigmantank said:
Damn right I can't wait. You can't imagine the problems i've had just trying to pay for it. I went to the post office changed my money into euro`s so i could pay the exact amount via a bank transfer, only to be told by my bank they would have to change it back to pounds so they can put it into my account, to send the money they would have to then change it back into euro's so they could transfer it into the sellers german account and they wanted to charge me £10 for the privelidge(as well as what i would lose in the exchanges). As you can imagine I told them where to stick there bank transfer. I then packaged it all up nice and secure and sent it via international post, I e-mailed the seller and was informed that they do not accept cash, can you believe it, a company that does not accept cash, anyway I came up with the idea that if one of thier employees took the cash and issued a cheque then it would be ok. Don't know if thats what they did or not but i got an e-mail saying they recieved the cash and a couple of hours later another saying it was all sorted out and my db was on its way.
So if anyone comes across a german company called Olano GmbH they are extremely helpful and in my opinion an excellent company to deal with. Hope the name dropping isnt against the rules.

So yes John you could say I'm a little excited :-righton

Think thats bad,
I ordered a dragon cam before x mas from,,:; ah wont say where in GB though. They sent e an e mail to say they wanted a photo id/ driving lic or passport or bill to say who i am after a week. Told them no just to refund the money, they did and there was a shortfall of €10. Not bad paying €10 for getting nothing. Do ya think Stevo will get jealous when you get your dream set up.

bigmantank

Reaction score
My Location
Oxford
john_graydon said:
Think thats bad,
I ordered a dragon cam before x mas from,,:; ah wont say where in GB though. They sent e an e mail to say they wanted a photo id/ driving lic or passport or bill to say who i am after a week. Told them no just to refund the money, they did and there was a shortfall of €10..Not bad paying €10 for getting nothing.

That sucks bigtime, we should have a name and shame section for this kind of thing.

john_graydon said:
Do ya think Stevo will get jealous when you get your dream set up.

Stevo is jealous now and I havnt even got it yet. O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha
Keeps telling me he`s gonna come round and see what its like once i got it set up. I told him to come round and he can help me set it up so he'll know what to do when or if he ever gets his.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
john_graydon said:
Think thats bad,
I ordered a dragon cam before x mas from,,:; ah wont say where in GB though. They sent e an e mail to say they wanted a photo id/ driving lic or passport or bill to say who i am after a week. Told them no just to refund the money, they did and there was a shortfall of €10. Not bad paying €10 for getting nothing. Do ya think Stevo will get jealous when you get your dream set up.

I think you should name them right here and now. :p

Was the ID thing in the small print? If not, I would take them to task.

I don't see that they can charge you if they have not dispatched the goods.

Let's all know who would do this.

bigmantank

Reaction score
My Location
Oxford
Well I got my usb stick(kingston datatraveller 256mb) today, unfortunately ebuyer stopped the free delivery on this product, as I posted in another thread it was £16.63 delivered I should point out it is now + delivery, but I ordered on monday(bank holiday don't forget) with next day delivery for £21.03 arrived today(excellant service from ebuyer once again), All I need now is my db, I must really try to be more patient.:-bash

bigmantank

Reaction score
My Location
Oxford
BGonaSTICK said:
Hope it comes quickly for you, 'cos there is a whole lot of fun to be had at the moment!

STICK

At last its here, and i`ve managed to f*** it up already, time for the null modem cable, on day 1. lol.

made the mistake of installing the wrong image into the main flash( flashed 108.2 instead of 108.2.1) didnt notice till i was halfway through setting up multiboot(installed 4 images onto usb), anyway i finished setting up all 4 onto the usb then i tried to reflash with 108.2.1, only for it to freeze at 12%. I realise now that i should have rebooted and then reflashed but hey, its a steep learning curve.
what an excellant piece of kit fwp4.5b really is, so easy to use(as long as you remember to reboot between flashes:-ohmy ).

anyway i`m off to sulk in the corner because i cant get the null modem till tomorrow(stevo's got it).

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi BMT,

Another one to remember that I found is to close and restart FW4.5b after a reboot otherwise this can also cause problems. Especially if you reboot the box from the remote and change the default image without FW4.5b (still running on PC) knowing!

73 & good luck.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
john_graydon said:
Think thats bad,
Seems like they figured a way to make €10 a throw by asking people for something most sensible people wouldn't provide. Since you dont want to name them and since they behave in such a low handed way, why dont we just call them Losat?
That happend to me and my bank retrieved it.
In a way, they did you a favour since the day after they did that, newcamd started doing everything for DB that the dragon does. I actually got my dragon just before newcamd ugrade. I am trying to get my Force 1122S to recognise it as a cam, so far without success.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Well I think that now we all know who we are talking about, and I must say that I have heard literally dozens of bad things about this company on several forums.

I also know that a number of companies refuse to deal with them as suppliers. I personally have never had a problem with them. Reason being is that I never have and never will buy anything from them. Not if they had the last F connector on the planet.

I don't know why people don't want to name them, but if you don't want to, then I won't force the issue.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
BGonaSTICK said:
Well I think that now we all know who we are talking about, and I must say that I have heard literally dozens of bad things about this company on several forums.

I also know that a number of companies refuse to deal with them as suppliers. I personally have never had a problem with them. Reason being is that I never have and never will buy anything from them. Not if they had the last F connector on the planet.

I don't know why people don't want to name them, but if you don't want to, then I won't force the issue.
I was just guessing! Wasn't I John?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
LMAO, in that case, they're OK then!!!

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
haggard said:
I was just guessing! Wasn't I John?

Ah forgot about this. There called HISAT.com

Very good guess Haggard.