Anything left on analogue?

M

Mike16

I purchased a Pace MSS 300 (Viedocrypt) today at a second-hand store. I know what you're thinking, but it was only $20 and it came with a 4-n-1 universial remote that I can use with my digital system. It also had an official Sky card in it. So I have two questions--

First, I am interested in playing around with it and see what's left on analogue--purely as a hobby. I also have a D2MAC decoder. So, are there any channels left on Sky analogue and/or D2MAC?

Second, after I am done playing, can I reprogram the Sky card like a blank goldwafer card and use it with my digital system?

Mike

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There are loads of analogue channels available, but not any that can be decrypted by the old Sky card. D2 Mac is also limited, if not defunct so it really is only free to air foreign language channels that can be received.

As for uses for the old Sky card, scraping the windscreen is good :)

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Finnicky I know but the analogue Sky cards remain the property of BSKYB and in using it as a winscreen scraper outside your house could constitute misappropriate use.

I would phone the call centre to check, you have five or so months before the next cold snap.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Perhaps we should have one day this year, when everyone with an old analogue Sky card should ring them to seek approval for using it as an ice scraper......sounds like a good idea to me :)

Rolf