Anything worth while below 12000Mbaud

tkay

Reaction score
Just read on one site that the card I was going to get [skystar 1 as I wanted tv out] does not pick up below 12000Mbaud is this of any significance as I have now bought a 1.1mtre dish with motor I would have liked to pick up as many sats as poss. if there is which is the best card.

tkay

Reaction score
Sorry I have been trawling the net I have found out information from the technisat.com site. The information I read before was wrong :- Please look at this is the Skystar 1one of the better card out there or will I miss some channels? thanks

The latest TechniSat hardware SkyStar 1 CI for watching free and scrambled channels on your PC!

With SkyStar 1 CI you are able to receive digital encrypted and free TV- and radio channels via satellite. The card is also prepared for data services and "High speed internet via satellite".

Equipment characteristics

· Reception of digital DVB-S television-, radio channels and teletext

· Reception of data services via satellite dish (Multicast/Unicast, MPE)

· Common Interface embedded

· Remote control set

· Plug&Play

· PCI card

· Input Frequencies
950 - 2.150 MHz

· RF-level
-65 to -25 dBm

· LNB support
13V/18V, 350mA max.

· DiSEqC 1.0

· SCPC and MCPC

Package Content

· SkyStar 1 CI PCI card

· Remote control set

· CD with drivers, TV/radio/data software and documentations

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
The Skystar 1 will get most everything that's going, is a good card, has reasonable support and gives you the possibility to run a hardware CAM with the add-on.

It won't drive a DiSEqC 1.2 motor out of the box though, if you have one.
Not sure about DiSEqC plugins for this card either.

I personally prefer the Skystar2 at a third of the price for a starter system. Can also drive a motor.

Apparantly, the quality of the SS1 is pretty good (build, and picture/sound) though many people move on the an STB anyway.

STICK