anyway to stream dreambox to pc working?

D4ftpunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
80cm Dish + 45cm Dish via Disecq A/B.
My Location
England
hi, i wanna watch tv from my dreambox on my pc, i dont neccesarily have to be able to record or change chan.

Any ideas. ive heard vlc can achieve this but hoooow ? :s

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
You can use the Gemini Manager to stream tv but only with the Gemini image. This is very simple. Vlc is more problematic. You need a vlc plugin in the db, videolan player in the pc and you can then stream using the web interface. Regards.

D4ftpunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
My Location
England
ok how. I have hydra with vlc plugin and vlc on my pc. Do i set the ip etco n my dreambox for vlc plugin then just open a udp stream in vlc on pc or ?

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
D4ftpunk said:
ok how. I have hydra with vlc plugin and vlc on my pc. Do i set the ip etco n my dreambox for vlc plugin then just open a udp stream in vlc on pc or ?

You will get more certain streaming to pc with Mtuxvision. First download and install TRex and then Tuxvision both from w*w.dbox2.info. Finally Mtuxvision v0.2 Build 15 from the sat-industry site. All these programs are freeware. You should be able to view only or view and record.

BTW vlc plugin allows you to view pc movie in the DB.

Regards, pcd.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
To stream to vlc, I simply open up the web interface with Firefox (seems to work better than IE6) and then the vlc media player, then click on the vpid at the top of the page and it works.

skydreamer

Frequent flyer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB8000HD, 90 mm cooling fan, 2TB Seagate LP HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Smart Twin Titanium 0.2dB, Stab HH120 USALS 45E-45W, Triax 120, SkyStar II HD
My Location
Windy & Wet Atlantic Coast
RuDream image makes it even easier: Just install videolan 0.8.1 on your PC and on the DBox WEB interface click on the VLC icon. This also works with HDTV channel such as the highlighted one.

D4ftpunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
My Location
England

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Also, not wanting to sound like a an old fart, but did you RTFM before posting the question?? Hm?? Does mention the Trex and tuxvison method in a thread written by, let me think.....ME!!!

But I think the easiest would be to use Gemini as this image does everything, is stable and easy to use...