Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Anyone know whats happening with Arabsat 2B? According to Lyngsat most of the channels have been removed and she has been shifted from 30.5E to 29E

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
,t think,the put them in inclinded orbit,nothing here about it..

what they will do,with the very weak old arabsat 2d here,all channels working here with 1,50m dish but only in the night!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
She is getting near end of life so has probably been moved to get her out of the way. Arabsat 2B will be 12 years old in November

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Arabsat 2B has suffered a minor problem and drifted off station!

Arabsat press release said:
Riyadh , Thursday, September 27th, 11:00 GMT -- ARABSAT, the Arab Satellite Communications Organization, announced that on Wednesday September 26th, at 13:30 GMT, its Arabsat-2B satellite has experienced a minor glitch that affected the pointing of the satellite. Within approximately 2 hours, the problem was corrected and the satellite recovered its nominal pointing.

Precautionary measurements made after its pointing recovery have demonstrated that the satellite is in perfect health, with all of its sub-systems running nominally. None of these systems suffered any physical or operational damage. The satellite is currently running with its primary equipment and no reconfiguration to redundant units was needed.

However, as a result of the recovery measures, the satellite experienced a drift from its nominal orbital location. The communications traffic of Arabsat-2B suffered various degrees of degradation and some services on the satellite have been affected.

Extensive efforts from Arabsat engineers are currently under way to bring the satellite back to its accurate 30.5°E orbital position and recover its full communications capability within hours. Customers equipped with auto-tracking features have already restored their services while others have been moved temporarily to other Arabsat satellites.

According to preliminary analysis gathered since the incident occurred, the interruption of services on Arabsat-2B has no impact on the performance of the satellite, whose 34 transponders in C- and Ku-band are all in perfect working order. A full investigation is being conducted by Arabsat in collaboration with the satellite manufacturer, in order to determine the specific reason for the anomaly.

Arabsat reaffirms its permanent commitment to always provide its customers with the highest possible level of services.

http://www.arabsat.com/ArabSat/English/Press/2007/ARABSAT+STATEMENT.htm

EgyptDUDE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
have a 2.40 m Amercian monster + truman Gold starsat + NeotionBox3000 + Mvision + DragonX
My Location
Egypt
the bird is back as we know
but nobody here gives a cr*p :-rofl2 , so unpopular satellite , i dont know why Arabsat even bother :rolleyes: think they use it to reserve the position in space

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
EgyptDUDE said:
think they use it to reserve the position in space

Perhaps there are no parking charges in space :p

EgyptDUDE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
have a 2.40 m Amercian monster + truman Gold starsat + NeotionBox3000 + Mvision + DragonX
My Location
Egypt
Topper said:
Perhaps there are no parking charges in space :p

well... dont think they have problem with that , but they have no problem with the fuel to keep it runnin thats for sure ;)