Arabsat 2D :(

alaveny

Reaction score
Hi all.....Every body out there a very big Hi

I am getting ARABSAT 2D signal but the funny part is that i get
from Freq.Tp-11556H to 12597v but i cant get from Freq.TP-10971H to 11212V.
I have 100cm kuband dish with 0.5db lnb....
Now please tell me why dont i get the signal from frequency 11556 H to 12597v?
What is worng is the dish not suffeciant?Or is lnb not sutable ?Should i rotate the lnb?
Please help me guys...please

Thanks alot im advance
.........................................................................................................
I have learnt much more from this great Forum.Keep up with the good work guys

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
10971 - 11212 is Arabsat 2D
11552 - 12073 is Arabsat 3A
12519 - 12597 is Arabsat 2D.
3A has a much wider footprint than 2D (Covers a much wider area) 2D is not available in north western Europe. You havent filled in your location in your profile, and without knowing that its difficult to pin it down.

J

Jeff_19341

Hi alaveny
If members bothered to supply basic information ie approximate location and system set up, questions would be easier to answer quicker. None of us, as far as I am aware, have crystal balls or are mind readers.
As Analoguesat mentioned, a few more details are really required to be able to give a realistic answer to your question.
Is your dish motorised or fixed? If fixed you might need to adjust your skew! Your location, if in the UK London is good enough if you are in London etc, we do not need to know your home address.
You can see from my profile , my location and my set up and I can get signals from the following transponders from 26*east
11747V, 27500
11785V, 27500
11862V, 27500
11919H, 27500
11928V, 27500
11958H, 27500
11996H, 27500
12010V, 18500
12072H, 27500

When I had a 1.25m dish I did not pick up any more transponders only higher signal strength levels, we are in a fringe location in the UK for the birds at 26*east.

(JMC prepares to be banned for being too outspoken!)

alaveny

Reaction score
Hi and thank i thank you very much JumBuck and analoguesat and all...
Yes you both are we right i should have written my location..So appology for that here is my lockation
I am from India. exactly from Hyderabad came here for studies purpose.
I am getting 17 Transponders (11.500 - 12.600) the only on which i dont get is 10 Transponders (10.950 - 11.200) which has aljazeera sports channels...
Please tell me what would be the exact problem...and i am getting only 45% strength,
is the problem on the dish size....and i have made my own dish 120cm and using it on nss6 sat and it has a strenth of 85% :) ..so i was woundering if i can aad some almunimum on my 100 cm dish and make it 120 cm dish..but will it work???
Thanks alot friends for helping me and understanding me..Thanks alot

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
This site:

http://www.atctv.com/en/bodies/coverageanimation.html

says 2D covers most of western India with downliink powers of 40dB. If its correct, a professionally manufactured 1.2m is marginal.

Well done on making a working home made dish . NSS 6 transmits high power into India, so anything roughly parabolic should pick it up. Arabsat 2D is low power into India, and needs a better dish.

J

Jeff_19341

Still not sure if the chap is in the UK or out in India. If he is in the UK I only get 25-35% signal level on the transponders that I can receive from. If he is in India, a home made dish is usually OK for C band but not for Ku band.

alaveny

Reaction score
Thank you all for helping ..I really appriciate it..Thank you alot....
I am inn india now and actually the problem was in my digital reciever.Actually i have changed my reciever and now bingo i got it..now i am recieving all the channels of arabsat 2D. :)
As i am in india and my longitude and latitude is 17 and 78 and i am recieving Arabsat 2D signals so can i get arabsat3A ?There is not much difference in both birds so what should i do for getting arabsat 3A signal should i reduce the elevation angle by 2-3 degrees?or should i rotate the lnb?

And please can anybody tell me what is the covarage area of ARABSAT 4A And 4B?
Is there a multisystem reciever which is Capable of all cards (videoguard mediaguard viaccess irdeto conax powerview videoguard cryptoworks) beauce i want orbit and for that i should get arabsat 3A and with a reciever which is capable of mediaguard ?

Thanks alot guys..

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
alaveny said:
Thank you all for helping ..I really appriciate it..Thank you alot....
I am inn india now and actually the problem was in my digital reciever.Actually i have changed my reciever and now bingo i got it..now i am recieving all the channels of arabsat 2D. :)
As i am in india and my longitude and latitude is 17 and 78 and i am recieving Arabsat 2D signals so can i get arabsat3A ?There is not much difference in both birds so what should i do for getting arabsat 3A signal should i reduce the elevation angle by 2-3 degrees?or should i rotate the lnb?

And please can anybody tell me what is the covarage area of ARABSAT 4A And 4B?
Is there a multisystem reciever which is Capable of all cards (videoguard mediaguard viaccess irdeto conax powerview videoguard cryptoworks) beauce i want orbit and for that i should get arabsat 3A and with a reciever which is capable of mediaguard ?

Thanks alot guys..

For Orbit you need one of their own decoders. Arabsat 4A & B havent been launched yet, and the footprints arent available.

MaxiBig

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zenega tracking NSS6 and Arabsat2d
My Location
M.p,India
Hi
I don't think you will be able to get 3A.I too have a 100 cm dish and my locationa is 23,76.
If u receive 3A please let us know.

alaveny

Reaction score
Thanka alot guys..
Maxibig from which city r u?And r u useing 100cm for arabsat 2d ?
If i am right lyngsat say 2D AND 3A is available to india with just lowering little bit of elevation angle.

Thanks alot for all the help and replays i got.keep it up friends.
Thansk once again

alaveny

Reaction score
Analoguesat vbmenu_register("postmenu_265490", true); JuMbuCk vbmenu_register("postmenu_264772", true); MaxiBig vbmenu_register("postmenu_265790", true); Hi once again..
Guys please tell me how to connect one dish with two digital recievvers..Because my shop keeper said to buy something called power divider and so i bought but yet when one reciever works the other dont..The power divider has on OUT and two IN marks.Please advice
Thanks

MaxiBig

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
M.p,India
Hi alaveny,
I am from Indore MP.I was getting 2D evenwith the dish supplied by Zee but some transponders were weak.So i purchased 100 cm dish Now all the transponders are clear .Problems occur only in rain.There are some pretty good channels on Arabsat2d MBC2 , MBC4,One tv , MC are my favourate.Hindi films are sometimes telecasted on Infinity and MBC1.
Regarding ARAB 3A I tried Once or Twice but could not get any signal. I think the signal is weak . Maybe a bigger dish will help.But most of the channels are not worth it and others like orbit network are encrypted.
Where r u located.

MaxiBig

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
M.p,India
I don't think you will be able to connect two receiver on one
dish ie one LNB.May be other members r more Knowledgeble about this.
Other thing you can try is purchase an LNB which have two outputs,with this you can connect two receiver.This type of Lnbs cost more than double the price of single ordinary universal lnb

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
alaveny said:
Analoguesat vbmenu_register("postmenu_265490", true); JuMbuCk vbmenu_register("postmenu_264772", true); MaxiBig vbmenu_register("postmenu_265790", true); Hi once again..
Guys please tell me how to connect one dish with two digital recievvers..Because my shop keeper said to buy something called power divider and so i bought but yet when one reciever works the other dont..The power divider has on OUT and two IN marks.Please advice
Thanks

Either
Buy a dual or quad lnb, and run seperate cables from the lnb to each of the receivers.

Or if the use the lnb loopthrough if either of the receivers has it.