fadisayed

Reaction score
Hi all ,
I am new to this form ,
I am in tje UK sout WEst (hampshire) ,
According to Arabsat website the dish size should be 90 CM in north Europe,
I installed yesterday an motorized 85 CM dish ,
i am have trouble tuning the sattelite ,
Do i have to change the dish or try again ?
If I have to change the dish any suggetsion for dish seller ?
And how much for installing it ?

Regards
Fadi

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Hi Fadisayed. The recommended size of dish in the South of the UK is 1metre but your 85cm, provided it is set up at the correct angle and with a good LNB, should enable you to see something of Arabsat. Could you let us know the rest of your set-up (receiver etc) and someone on here is sure to give you some help.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I would say that a 1m dish is only going to get channels (off the Ku band ) in good weather only.

The minimum should be a good 1.1m dish, which is again marginal for channels such as AlJazeera and the SCPC group at your location, and is going to be unsuitable for the higher frequency bouquets

There is talk of a changearound of frequencies coming imminently, I will keep a look out if this leads to improved reception

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello All

I am actually in the S.W. of UK [just! - in Somerset] Don't think any Westcontryman would call Hamshire S.W. England - but that's another story.

I don't think you will get Arabsat on an 80cm dish anywhere in UK, but would love to hear I am wrong.

Are there any particular Stations you are looking to receive?

Kind regards [me 'ansome]

W. Hole

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
And it looks like there has been a large adjustment of transponders in the past 24 hours

Arabsat 3A appears to have shifted everything onto the vertical transpoders and removed the bouquet from 11804H

Arabsat 2D is still only available for the larger dish systems (1.8m and above) and is similarly loading up channels onto vertical polarity

fadisayed

Reaction score
jimbo said:
Hi Fadisayed. The recommended size of dish in the South of the UK is 1metre but your 85cm, provided it is set up at the correct angle and with a good LNB, should enable you to see something of Arabsat. Could you let us know the rest of your set-up (receiver etc) and someone on here is sure to give you some help.
First thank you for the answer
My reciever is HUmax IRCI 5400 ,
the LNB should be 0.6 db i did not see it when the installer came ,
Yesterday i did recieve some channel like orbit bouquet but the one i am interested Lebanese chanels .

Fadi

fadisayed

Reaction score
w hole said:
Hello All

I am actually in the S.W. of UK [just! - in Somerset] Don't think any Westcontryman would call Hamshire S.W. England - but that's another story.

I don't think you will get Arabsat on an 80cm dish anywhere in UK, but would love to hear I am wrong.

Are there any particular Stations you are looking to receive?

Kind regards [me 'ansome]

W. Hole
Hi thank you for the answer ,
i got some channels yesterday Orbit espn ,
But LBC and lebenese channel which i am interested ,
I am not english otherwise i would not be looking for arabsat sattelite channel would I ?
I'd rather prefer SKY on Astra and 43 cm would be enough .
Cheers
Fadi

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I think that WH was asking what particular channels you were looking to receive in case they were perhaps available on another, more accessible satellite, Fadi.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
I believe Fadi may not be in the UK (is there another Hampshire in Europe ?) which rather makes my observations obselete

Lebanese channels LBC, MTV , etc can be received with a good 80cm dish if aligned correctly but its risky in UK weather