Arabsat & Nilesat Reception in U.K.

al_madhi

Reaction score
My Location
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
Hi ppl , Is the reception of both Arabsat & Nilesat receivable in the Britsh Isles

I read a post in other forum that someone has received Nilesat near Manchester city with 1.6m dish , but the reception was very poor . Hoping someone has received these satellites can help me out some info. regarding dish size .

Cheers

degangoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satellite&computer setup
My Location
asia
O-Ha

Hi all is there any one know how to install the krak by the remote
pls advice me for humax 5400 & starsat

Please DONT hijack other posts with questions irrelevant to the discussion. Start your own thread in the appropriate section. Some of the ART channels are open, but if you want the sport & movies you are out of luck.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Reception of Arabsat 3A is possible in the UK with an 80cm dish - 90cm preferable in most areas. You can forget anything transmitted off 2D with a sensible sized dish.

Nile sat is just about possible in south east England with dishes of about 1.2m in diameter, although the V polarised channels are stronger than the H's

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
I've got an 85 cm dish and I get a very good reception on arabsat 3, and a complete nothing on nilesat.

pocster2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax CI-5100, 80cm 19.2e/13e/7e, 100cm 1w, 150cm 7w, 240cm on order.
My Location
Northwest UK
I am in the northwest of england and tried Nilesat on a 1.6m dish. Only got the transponder with the educational channels and nothing else. Even then reception was poor with lots of blocking and breakup of the picture. I now have a 2.4m dish and receive all vertical transponders, only two transponders give a slight problem early afternoons, the rest are rock solid 24hours a day. I will be upgrading the lnb soon to improve those.

I had a spectrum analyser on the dish last week and can tell you that the nilesat horizontal channels are non existant. They are so well down on the verticals that it isnt worth trying to think about getting them on this side of the uk.

I had a brief look at arabsat, but only to the extent of finding it in the sky. I doubt that there will be much to receive other than 3A. I think arabsat C-band would be a better bet than the Ku-band.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
With a 0.6db lnb and a 1m dish, I could get some V channels on 7w late in the evening (south coast uk) on a clear day. I recently changed the lnb to a sharp 0.3db and now can get most v channels all day even with a cloudy sky. The actual signal improvement is marginal but the quality is much better.

spoofer2005

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000s 60 gig segate hard drive
Guys just what im looking for
Arabsat possible in the Uk
JTA you say arabsat 3 is possible with a 85cm dish what freqs and chanell names I have 90 cm and seem to get nothing
wht lnb are you using?
Kind Regards

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
spoofer2005 said:
Guys just what im looking for
Arabsat possible in the Uk
JTA you say arabsat 3 is possible with a 85cm dish what freqs and chanell names I have 90 cm and seem to get nothing
wht lnb are you using?
Kind Regards

http://www.lyngsat.com/arab3a.html

The full 26E channel list is here, but you can forget anything off the other Arabsats in the UK

http://www.lyngsat.com/arab26.html

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
spoofer2005 said:
wht lnb are you using?
I'm getting the following :
Algeria TV, Morocco TV, Sharjah TV, Al-Iraquia, Aljazeera, Almajd, Almanar, Almustakilla, Eritrea, Future, Hannibal, Jordan TV, Kuwait, LBCI, Libya, Mauritania TV, NBN, New TV, Oman, Saudi 1, Saudi 2, Star Academy, Sudan, Syria, TeleLiban, Tunis and Yemen. Freqs can be found on Lyngsat.
I'm using the LNB which came with my dish :) - the salesman told me it was a pretty sensitive one, but that's all I know. I'm sitting on the Belgian coast, which isn't too far from SE England.

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
A good 2.4 mtr dish of high quality dish should indeed recieve many of the Nilesat channels.

The horizontal transponders are indeed around 1-2 db lower than the vertical transponders typically 11919H is one of the lowest transponders.

Ps on a 3.7 mtr (professional quality ADI feed and PLL LN:cool:some of the horizontal transponders are still weak ! occasionally during extremes of weather at my Belgium location there is minimal signal please be advised before make large investments.

Arabasat 26.0 east slightly better than Nilesat several transponders have higher reception capibilities within the UK.

A high quality and good 1.8 mtr dish will recieve a good selection of KU band horizontal and vertical transponders, and all the C band channels with some Analogue signal threshold addition.

On my 3.7 all c Band channels are perfect and the vast majority of KU band are equally very very good.

On my 2.0 UK based dish All C band channels are good with Analogue signal threshold addition, On Ku band digital equally majority of the channels are also recieved well.( professional quality ADI feed and PLL LN:cool:

Regards to all

old satellite

waqasi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax CI-81000PVR moterised
I am receiving Nilesat all vertical transponders here in Peterborough with 1.2m dish.

al_madhi said:
Hi ppl , Is the reception of both Arabsat & Nilesat receivable in the Britsh Isles

I read a post in other forum that someone has received Nilesat near Manchester city with 1.6m dish , but the reception was very poor . Hoping someone has received these satellites can help me out some info. regarding dish size .

Cheers

waqasi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax CI-81000PVR moterised
Is that possible to receive Horizonal transponders of Nilesat with 1.2m dish in cambridge.

Analoguesat said:
Reception of Arabsat 3A is possible in the UK with an 80cm dish - 90cm preferable in most areas. You can forget anything transmitted off 2D with a sensible sized dish.

Nile sat is just about possible in south east England with dishes of about 1.2m in diameter, although the V polarised channels are stronger than the H's

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PrimeFocus 180cm (Astra 1N) - Inverto Volksbox IDL6651n; MABO 115x128 (80E - 30W) - Dr.HD F16;
EchoStar 80cm (Hotbird + Astra) - Kathrein ufs910.
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
I receive all V transponders on 1,2 offset MABO dish even on rainy days. With regard to H polarised channels i picked some once, but picture was breaking up

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
I (and the mrs) like watching Arabic music on both these sats- although we don't understand the language ! Could someone please tell me what the word 'habibi' means, it is there in all the songs ?

ouagadougou

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2m NERA Prime Focus Dish for C/ku Bands, DM500, SkyStar2, Technomate 5500CIP, Force 1122.
My Location
Stockholm & Windhoek Namibia
al_madhi said:

Cheers

Hi,

I get Nilesat Vertical Transponders all the time except very heavy rain. Horizontal transponders as mentioned are very weak and I see 11919H as the strongest followed by 11766H.

I am located near Manchester using a 2m Prime Focus Professional Quality Dish with Invacom 0.3dB LNB and Matched Feedhorn.

Cheers.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
I get Nilesat up as far as in Stockholm, Sweden on a Fibo 90cm dish, MBC2 are pixeling a bit, i guess 10 cm more on dish would have got rid of it.

I only get the vertical transponders, the horizontals are dead.

Arabsat 3A no problems either.

hlse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Normal
My Location
Norfolk
HI,

How did you set up the dish to receive Nilesat?
I recently bought a 1.8 dish, and could only get hotbird and Astra on it in Norfolk.
Isn't Nilesat to the right of Hotbird.

Can onyone please help with sugestions?

Thanks a lot

claasi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
105 cm motor dish with 75E to 45 W - Openbox 820 CI
My Location
Germany- Munich
hlse said:
HI,

How did you set up the dish to receive Nilesat?
I recently bought a 1.8 dish, and could only get hotbird and Astra on it in Norfolk.
Isn't Nilesat to the right of Hotbird.

Can onyone please help with sugestions?

Thanks a lot

Do you have a motor or a fixed system ? Yes it is to the right, actually 7 West.
You have to be very carefull by a fixed system when you turn the dish. You also have to turn the LNB a bit to get the right tilt of the LNB

Look here to get the proper LNB setting and evaluation for your dish:

http://www.satlex.net/en/azel_calc.html