Arborealist needed!

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Does anyone know what tree this is?
My neighbour Pete (for it is his) hasn't a clue, and I'm interested because at some stage in the near future it's going to shadow my dish from a couple of western satellites.
Now about 12 feet high, it doesn't look like it the kind of tree that could be pruned, which Pete would be happy to do if it was one with branches.
I can always move my dish up a foot or so, but the question is, is it likely to grow any taller?

Llew

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Looks like a giant yukka.:) Some kind of palm tree, but couldn't find anything too close in appearance.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
rolfw said:
Looks like a giant yukka.:) Some kind of palm tree, but couldn't find anything too close in appearance.
Yeah RolfW, I thought it might be a yukka, but the ones in my bumper book of trees only seem to grow about a couple of foot tall.
Cheers anyway.

AForester

01LD1E
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
a variety of lnb's (5), dishes (2), diseqc motors (3) and receivers (4).
My Location
East of Cambridge (GB).
From the small picture I think that it might be a "monkey puzzle tree", I do not know it's posh name though.:-ohmy

Regards AF

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Don't think so AF, they have fuzzy branches from memory.

loftyj

Reaction score
Llew said:
Does anyone know what tree this is?
My neighbour Pete (for it is his) hasn't a clue, and I'm interested because at some stage in the near future it's going to shadow my dish from a couple of western satellites.
Now about 12 feet high, it doesn't look like it the kind of tree that could be pruned, which Pete would be happy to do if it was one with branches.
I can always move my dish up a foot or so, but the question is, is it likely to grow any taller?

Llew
Had a visit today from daughter, she took one look and I quote.
If it has trunk between the part we can see and ground its probably a Spineless Yucca and can grow to between 4 and 5 meters tall.
She did quote a latin name but can not pronounce it let alone spell it.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
loftyj said:
Had a visit today from daughter, she took one look and I quote.
If it has trunk between the part we can see and ground its probably a Spineless Yucca and can grow to between 4 and 5 meters tall.
She did quote a latin name but can not pronounce it let alone spell it.

Jeez! Fifteen feet! Time to order a few bags of Rootkill (Only joking neighbour O-Ha ).
Yes, it has a long thick trunk, so that's the most likely specimen.
Thanks Lofty (and daughter).

Llew