Are Manhattan recievers any good?

roadrage

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm Triax with Twin LNB's, Manhattan Starlight MX
Dragon Cam, Sly Dish, Freeview Reciever, Three TV's , Phillips Wireless TV Links, PS2, PC Laptop and hoping to grow.
My Location
West Midlands
Hi,
I suppose its a bit late for me to ask as i have already gone and bought one, but after toying with the idea of a dream box and technomate 7800 i decided to go for one of these on recommendation from a "satellite guy". Although there is still a niggling doubt in my head as alot of people on here seem to have technomates. Mine is a Starlight MX :confused

Kind regards

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Nothing wrong with them, not my personal choice, but they seem to have got their act together and produce a good functional receiver.

roadrage

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dragon Cam, Sly Dish, Freeview Reciever, Three TV's , Phillips Wireless TV Links, PS2, PC Laptop and hoping to grow.
My Location
West Midlands
Thanks for the vote of confidence although i am having a play and its doing what i want it to !:)

Reaction score
roadrage said:
Hi,
I suppose its a bit late for me to ask as i have already gone and bought one, but after toying with the idea of a dream box and technomate 7800 i decided to go for one of these on recommendation from a "satellite guy". Although there is still a niggling doubt in my head as alot of people on here seem to have technomates. Mine is a Starlight MX :confused

Kind regards
I also have a Manhattan Starlight MX it seems fine to me. Have you got a card for the embedded cam or are you using another cam? I was wondering if my old Irdeto card would work on the Dutch channels 19 east, so far not working. I may have to buy a Dragon cam and new programmer. Not to up o cams etc?. Whats your experience!

roadrage

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
West Midlands
fraseralexander said:
I also have a Manhattan Starlight MX it seems fine to me. Have you got a card for the embedded cam or are you using another cam? I was wondering if my old Irdeto card would work on the Dutch channels 19 east, so far not working. I may have to buy a Dragon cam and new programmer. Not to up o cams etc?. Whats your experience!

Must say i have been impressed with the MX and it does pretty much what i want it to. I have to keep powering down the reciever every do often inorder to recieve channels but i'm not sure whats to blame for that. I am using a dragon cam at the moment. To be honest its the first time i have invested in anything like this so i'm abit unsure about some of your questions. Can i get a seperate card for the embedded cam as well as the dragon cam? I have been viewing some channels on 19 east although most with the Irdeto scrambling do not seem to work and i am using the latest predator software 3.10 with the dragon cam. I am like you i need to buy a programmer but don't know too much about them i.e which is better and how i can update my dragon cam? Hope some of this helps.

Regards roadrage

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
we've got an mx box also,its a brilliant little box,newbie friendly and not too hard on the wallet.great box to learn/start with :-)

TWAG

the_wizzz

Slightly biased Technomate Seller
Reaction score
everyone has their own opinion but i never liked manhattan from day one (preferred the humax 5400 at the time) and i'm now into the technomate receivers.

the new manhattans get okish reviews from mags (which i've read so far) but after using one, ive noticed that the speed of channel change, complex menu system, pic quality and sound quality is terrible compared to my technomate tm-1500. also, manhattan's service is not up to scratch for an established company, refusing to repair my blown plaza st-200 (the flash just blew up randomly) which i had to dump and buy the technomate instead which is far superior, better value, faster, better supported with patches and software updates and seems to be the noise of the sat industry being around for a short period of time.

also mate, there's a new patch for your tm-7800 by darkman