• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Are the French always so Slack with encryption?

dvmedia

My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital Motorised Dish, Fixed 65cm Fortec Dish on Astra 1, Fixed 45cm Minidish on Hotbird, Pace MSS500, TM-5600D CI USB Super, Nokia 9800s, Skystar USB 2, Grundig Sky Digibox, Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
High Wycombe, Nr London, UK
I've just watched the first 5 minutes of the film "Aliens" (I think?) on Canal Sat Kiosque on 19.2e...

are the French always so lazy on Encryption?? Sky wouldn't tollerate 5 free minutes of a film :D

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
I think its called a taster.

(anyhow, surely even your cat has seen Aliens at least once ?)

dvmedia

My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital Motorised Dish, Fixed 65cm Fortec Dish on Astra 1, Fixed 45cm Minidish on Hotbird, Pace MSS500, TM-5600D CI USB Super, Nokia 9800s, Skystar USB 2, Grundig Sky Digibox, Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
High Wycombe, Nr London, UK
Re the taster: I didn't think of that :-doh!

Re Aliens: I know.. I was just flicking through channels randomly.. I've never liked the Aliens series of films but the lack of encryption caught my eye :p

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
dvmedia said:
Re the taster: I didn't think of that :-doh!

Re Aliens: I know.. I was just flicking through channels randomly.. I've never liked the Aliens series of films but the lack of encryption caught my eye :p

The first three Alien films have just been shown on Ch4 this past month, A4 is later this week (I think). Your cat should have told you