Are there any multi LNB clamps....

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
That give between 6 and 9 degrees separation, I ask mainly because I just got a new dish and want to attatch 3 LNB's to it (in order of left to right, Astra2, Astra1 and Hotbird), but I can't seem to find an adjustable multi LNB clamp suited to the job, not even on Satcure!!!

The dish is a brand new but old stock 60cm Channel Master dish, the ones used for sky before they went Digital, 60cm to conform to the new Microwave antenna laws on Chimney-mounted dishes. I'll be repainting it to match the house's bricks do that it's not as obvious to the Landlord (if they ever came round to look...)......

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Just Googled 'LNB Bracket' and got hundreds. :eek:

L.:)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You may suffer a little with performance with the 60cm and those three sats up in your location, the Raven Gemini (70 or 90cm) has a bracket for Eastern sats and will get the three you want. I have a universal 9 degree bracket, but obviously not enough for the three sats, Visiosat do a purpose made bracket for their Bisat dish, but pretty expensive.. Triax do a 4 sat bracket for their larger dishes and I'm sure there is something else available, but as I said, your dish is on the small side for trisat reception.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
rolfw said:
You may suffer a little with performance with the 60cm and those three sats up in your location, the Raven Gemini (70 or 90cm) has a bracket for Eastern sats and will get the three you want. I have a universal 9 degree bracket, but obviously not enough for the three sats, Visiosat do a purpose made bracket for their Bisat dish, but pretty expensive.. Triax do a 4 sat bracket for their larger dishes and I'm sure there is something else available, but as I said, your dish is on the small side for trisat reception.

Well, I did think about that, but I can't have anything bigger, I don't want to risk losing my chimney (especially as I rent this house!!!!)!!!

On the plus side I do have my 80cm dish (pointing at Hispasat) indoors... :D

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A 70cm Raven would be a better bet, plus the windage would not be significantly higher than the CM dish, the Raven is probably lighter.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rolfw said:
A 70cm Raven would be a better bet, plus the widage would not be significantly higher than the CM dish, the Raven is probably lighter.

But under the new laws I can't have anything bigger than 60cm on the chimney (and the chimney is the only place I can fit the dish to gain access to 28, 19 and 13e)....

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Firstly those new guidelines are for England and Wales, apparently Scotland make their own. Is the chimney sat on top of the roof, or below to one side?

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rolfw said:
Firstly those new guidelines are for England and Wales, apparently Scotland make their own. Is the chimney sat on top of the roof, or below to one side?

On the top in the middle (or on the Apex as clever people say), and I'm definately in England...

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, I'm even reading dyslexically now, though that said Lanarkshire. :-lmao

You may have to consider a home made bracket then with the Channel Master, or at least extending a standard one.. :)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rolfw said:
LOL, I'm even reading dyslexically now, though that said Lanarkshire. :-lmao

You may have to consider a home made bracket then with the Channel Master, or at least extending a standard one.. :)

I wish I could live in Scotland.... :D

I just remebered something I read on Digital Spy a long while ago that these dishes have (or had) the ability to have an extra LNB fitted (during the Analogue/Digital setup sky had all those years ago), but I guess these kits are as rare as hens teeth now.....

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Just realised which dish you have. :eek:

If it is the dish with the plastic back plate, then it was a push in pressed steel fitting, very flimsy and barely suitable for one LNB, let alone 2. I would seriously consider getting a better quality dish.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rolfw said:
Just realised which dish you have. :eek:

If it is the dish with the plastic back plate, then it was a push in pressed steel fitting, very flimsy and barely suitable for one LNB, let alone 2. I would seriously consider getting a better quality dish.

It's all-metal excluding the LNB Clamp. I was amused by the fact that the dish is riveted to the bracket though....

This is the sort of Multi-LNB holder I am after but this one only seems to have 6 degree separation:

UNIVERSAL-SATELLITE-MULTIFEED-HOLDER-FOR-3-LNBs

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
That one looks like it is designed for a specific dish, as I can't see how it would fit a lot of dishes.

Does your dish have a round boom.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rolfw said:
That one looks like it is designed for a specific dish, as I can't see how it would fit a lot of dishes.

Does your dish have a round boom.

No, it's a square boom pole, I did have a daft idea of clamping my Porty kit's dish arm onto it just to see if it would work, but that's just me, I like doing totally random things like that.... :D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
This is the guy (and the dish) I got the dish from, I actually went to Blackburn to get it as it was cheaper than the £12 postage, was a fun day out though... :D

60CM-satellite-dish-perforated-wall-mounted-LNB

The UniversalIII LNB oddly works quite nicely on my indoor Hispasat dish, so it's on there instead. I'm going to get 2x 0.3dB single LNB's and a Twin or Quad (0.3dB too hopefully) LNB for Astra2... :D

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
They are just a standard LNB on those dishes, should take an offset bracket similar to the one i picture above and if you added the double version of the bracket you posted, would probably work OK.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rolfw said:
They are just a standard LNB on those dishes, should take an offset bracket similar to the one i picture above and if you added the double version of the bracket you posted, would probably work OK.

That sort of went over my head............. :confused

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Use the type of bracket which I've posted a picture of as the base (this one retains the original LNB holder, then bolt on the 2 LNB version of the triple you show above, or even that one, as you can bolt through the main bracket. You'll just be using it as an extension.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ah, I get it now, but the thing is, I would like to have Astra1 as the main focus LNB with HB and A2 on either side like in the pictures here:

multifocus

Also, my cordless drill's battery conked out so making holes in metal is going to be rather difficult...