ARE THERE ANY PATCHES/UPDATES FOR VA-FOX?

Larafab

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
I've got a Humax Va-Fox. I only brought it for the Viaccess channels but there seems to be loads of patches and stuff for the 5400. I was wondering if there was any type of update which would let me access Seca or any other type of encryption with this box. Or just any interest updates/patches etc. Thanks for any advice.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 29-Apr-02 AT 09:45 PM (GMT)]Not as far as I know, I presume that you're looking for something like the freecam patch. This only works with the embedded irdeto CAM.

rolf

PS. moevd the post to here as it seemed more relevant.

Larafab

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 29-Apr-02 AT 11:44 PM (GMT)]Yes thats exactly what I'm looking for. If there's one that works with embedded Irdeto cam - why cant they make one for the Viaccess cam too?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 29-Apr-02 AT 11:52 PM (GMT)]It's because they are different in their makeup, I don't know enough detail to explain why, but it's the same with the Seca cam as well, some of them can be coverted but only to single encryption Cryptoworks.

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
HMMMM Not so sure bout that

Ive heard that there is a new system coming in that can make an embedded viaccess receiver work like a free cam, when a certain patch is added (a large memory card similar to a funcard has to be used)

Simply rumours, but from incredibly reliable sources high up

You know its illegal though !

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds interesting, would be popular with a lot of people, interested to hear as things progress.

Rolf

alhadidy

Reaction score
ARE THERE ANY PATCHES/UPDATES FOR VA-FOX? i have been tried to upgrade my va-fox system id 0032.2600 but the result is failure in opening the receiver again and does not respond to any software although uploaded with va fox system id 0032.2000 ,is ther is a solution thanx