Double Dutch Dude
Reaction score
Website
www.AnZoRadio.nl
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Box, Freesat Humax 1000S, Gigablue Quad 4K with a Visiosat Big Bisat
My Location
Veenendaal, Netherlands
As many of us I like watching English television. Since one month I have an Amstrad Digibox receiver and an blue with yellow house FTV card.

Well, after tasting these channels I would like to get a subscription on the $ky family package. I searched the internet and found some online shops who provide subscription for abroad. Of course I know that everything costs money, but paying 120 Pounds:-doh! a year as a service fee... I simply can't pay that sort of money.

Does anyone know an address who can provide this package at a normal fee? I would be very obliged.

Thanks in advance...

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately, the only other way is by knowing someone in the UK who can subscribe on your behalf.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Unfortunately it is yet another example of how US Brits get screwed for anything. The full package is £40.00 per month in the UK and they haven't yet understood that they would have more subscribers if they lowered the prices.

max.max

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 fixed dish 90cm invacom0.3 dual 13°E -
1 fixed dish 130cm cambridge lnb 0.6 28°E -
1 panasonic 30 and 1 amstrad sky digiboxes - 1 echostar 808ci viaccess - dragon, joker, CAS 3 I/F
My Location
rome, italy
anzo said:
As many of us I like watching English television. Since one month I have an Amstrad Digibox receiver and an blue with yellow house FTV card.

Well, after tasting these channels I would like to get a subscription on the $ky family package. I searched the internet and found some online shops who provide subscription for abroad. Of course I know that everything costs money, but paying 120 Pounds:-doh! a year as a service fee... I simply can't pay that sort of money.

Does anyone know an address who can provide this package at a normal fee? I would be very obliged.

Thanks in advance...

Hi Anzo, I am very curious to know where did you get the price of £120/year for sky family pack (I guess you mean the basic package without sports or movies). I'd be interested to save some money. To the best of my knowledge and experience of sky-uk subscription from abroad (using a uk address, in my case) the price for such a package is exactly double : 20 pounds (£19.50 to be precise) a month or 240 pounds a year.
Sky italy, with a similar package, is 20 euro a month or family+films is 30 euro a month. Still very expensive, but at least 50% less than uk. Don't forget sky italy is also broadcasted in original language (mainly english) plus italian so you can change the language at any time. The italian sky card works also in any digibox.
I'm paying both subscriptions for the joy of that very nice man called murdoch.
Now, the above prices are unfortunately the "normal fees" so if you manage to get anything better, let me know. In the meantime I got myself a dragon cam (which doesn't work as it should) and a cas 3 programmer in the hope that something comes out in september or so, something which will make a lot of people saving a lot money.

dave branson

Reaction score
My Location
Florence Italy
The Sky UK and Sky Italian digiboxes use different software,the respective cards are therefore not interchangeable and only work in their respective UK or Italin boxes.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
max.max said:
Hi Anzo, I am very curious to know where did you get the price of £120/year for sky family pack (I guess you mean the basic package without sports or movies). I'd be interested to save some money. To the best of my knowledge and experience of sky-uk subscription from abroad (using a uk address, in my case) the price for such a package is exactly double : 20 pounds (£19.50 to be precise) a month or 240 pounds a year.

Sky italy, with a similar package, is 20 euro a month or family+films is 30 euro a month. Still very expensive, but at least 50% less than uk. Don't forget sky italy is also broadcasted in original language (mainly english) plus italian so you can change the language at any time. The italian sky card works also in any digibox.
I'm paying both subscriptions for the joy of that very nice man called murdoch.
Now, the above prices are unfortunately the "normal fees" so if you manage to get anything better, let me know. In the meantime I got myself a dragon cam (which doesn't work as it should) and a cas 3 programmer in the hope that something comes out in september or so, something which will make a lot of people saving a lot money.

The £120 quoted is merely the service charge, the subscription is over and above that.

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
£10/month is not above average for that sort of service. You might find cheaper ones, there used to be ones here less than that, but if it's a bloke advertising in a local paper (as this was) and he wants a years service payment up front there's more of a risk of him running off with the money after a few months.

Finding some extended family or long lost friends in the UK can really save you some money.

max.max

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 panasonic 30 and 1 amstrad sky digiboxes - 1 echostar 808ci viaccess - dragon, joker, CAS 3 I/F
My Location
rome, italy
dave branson said:
The Sky UK and Sky Italian digiboxes use different software,the respective cards are therefore not interchangeable and only work in their respective UK or Italin boxes.

"The Sky UK and Sky Italian digiboxes use different software,the respective cards are therefore not interchangeable" CORRECT

"and only work in their respective UK or Italin boxes" INCORRECT.
That is valid only for uk boxes and provided that you don't use a dragon cam which you can use to emulate any box by changing the serial number.
The italian cards are not activated together with the box serial number, so you can put your card in any (italian, of course) box.

max.max

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rome, italy
PoloMint said:
£10/month is not above average for that sort of service. You might find cheaper ones, there used to be ones here less than that, but if it's a bloke advertising in a local paper (as this was) and he wants a years service payment up front there's more of a risk of him running off with the money after a few months.

Finding some extended family or long lost friends in the UK can really save you some money.

Thanks rolfw and polomint. I tought there was a mistake in that £120 and the mistake was mine. I did't notice he referred to fees and not to subscription.
Also I agree that a proper uk address through friends or family is the best and safest way.

anzo

Double Dutch Dude
Reaction score
Website
www.AnZoRadio.nl
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Veenendaal, Netherlands
guess I need an English friend desperately...

devonbrown

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
4 systems. In Scotland Freesat with Humax Foxsat recorder. In Algarve 1.5 fixed Inv Quad LNB with 3 Pace 2600C1 and 1 Amstrad HD DRX780UK also 80cm dish with Inverto 0.2db monoblock LNB (19.2E/26E) feeding Technomate 5000CI+ usb.
My Location
Scotlandl and Algarve
anzo said:
guess I need an English friend desperately...
or a Scottish or a Welsh or even a Northern Irish friend :D

anzo

Double Dutch Dude
Reaction score
Website
www.AnZoRadio.nl
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Veenendaal, Netherlands
No no señor, I prefer the London region as part of the FTV channels, oui c'est moi, zo ben ik nu eenmaal, so soll es sein...

rato

International Administrator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800; Nokia 9800s; Nokia 9902S w/T-Rex 3.66
w/ Inverto IDLP-40TL +
Technisat 33 dish; Pace DS430N + Humax HDCI-2000 w/
Gibertini OP 1.25m dish w/Inverto 0.3dB. & Invacom 0.2dB. w/ Spaun SAR 411;
CAS 3;FUN7; SkyStar2; AltDVB;
My Location
Setubal, Portugal
Funny... this is the EU? I guess it's for a few things. I live in Portugal, born & raised in Canada, and would like to get the NASN channel plus a few Sky channels and I have a brother who lives in Norfolk. I thought that I was all set up in terms of subscription but then...Eurobird 28.5ºE North Beam for NASN and other Sky channels, a 3.00m dish?!?:-doh! Oh well... guess it dosn't matter to Sky. It would be very interesting to see how many more subscribers that Sky would get just in Spain & Portugal (Algarve, Ibiza and Palma de Mallorca alone would be suffice for Sky to get a slice of profit from channels like Sky Sports), not to mention a price reduction in the future for so many more subscribers.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
www.skydigitalcards.com got normal prices.

Only hint is that you need to buy the receiver from them.

No administration costs like everyone else.

No 12 months contract, you can cancel the sub whenever you like, you pay what Sky charges.

I am using it and it's great.

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
one word of advice though : Marty can only deliver Irish sky subscriptions, so without ITV1-2, C4 & Five, but with RTE1-2, TV3 & TG4. But you can easily find an english FTV card and use both in your digibox, that way you can see everything.

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I went in and had a look at the webside mentioned above. I'm a bit puzzled on how these companies do this?

Isn't every house hold limited to a few subscriptions only, by Sky? In the case with the "subscription" companies they must then have 100's of subscriptions to their own address or do they make up false addresses?

Cheers

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Mostly insiders employed by Sky i assume which have unlimited access with subs to sell.

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
JTA said:
one word of advice though : Marty can only deliver Irish sky subscriptions, so without ITV1-2, C4 & Five, but with RTE1-2, TV3 & TG4. But you can easily find an english FTV card and use both in your digibox, that way you can see everything.

Myself prefer the Irish national channels like RTE, TV3 and so on compared to ITV.

The Irish channels show great quality and variety, actually i watch them most of all.

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Likvid said:
Myself prefer the Irish national channels like RTE, TV3 and so on compared to ITV.

The Irish channels show great quality and variety, actually i watch them most of all.

But then again TV3 is partly owned by ITV and show most of the programs that ITV (UTV) would show and often at the same time.

RTE is also, more or less, showing the same programs as auntie B.

TG4 (pronounced T G Kahaar) is actually a very good channel even though Irish can be a little bit hard to understand (thank God for the subtitles)...