Are we living in a simulation?

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
Jacqueline Pearce (Servalan), Corrrr ......

Freejack missed out most of Sheckley's satire, and made it a bit pointless!

A good version was the Out Of The Unknown one, shown not too long ago, I believe one of the few episodes not wiped!

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
Spiney the threadkiller here (when I reply, I suppose it looks like a "putdown", seems to kill a thread, not my intention, so must be more careful!).

Just to say, thanks for that info, great. Although, aren't we now in the wrong thread? Never mind, chaos rules ko! Anyway, ta again.

(and Yes, he does look fairly ill, sorry about that of course).

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I didnt think any post youve made kills the process, (unlike mine ). Any constructive post is worthy of a useful reply, which may take a bit of time for the thought process to conjure up.

Mind you most of the delay from this end is down to kickstarting the laptop, (the PC has died again). I think one of the final stage KT88s needs replacing.

Anyone heard of the book - 'Same to you but Doubled' ?. I'm certain its Sheckley (cant find it at the moment, but its a collection of short stories of alternative Earthbound ideas).

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands
That's very kind of you. Yes, I agree good replies must be "thought through" (if you're a brain in a jar, that might mean some overheating!).

KT88s? Didn't Univac use those? Doesn't your "class A output" laptop sometimes get a bit hot? (one of my fave sci fi jokes is the "Epicac", in Player Piano, you're probably the only other person who still understands it!).

Can't recall the above book, but I do have some old paperbacks (still existing, but mostly as separated single pages!) so will look out for it, but might take ages to find all those pages, just hope I didn't use any in the bathroom by mistake .....

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands
I've dug out my book of Sheckley short stories, it's The People Trap (that's one story, also book title), so can't help on above, sorry!

Am currently rereading Sheckley's Dimension Of Miracles, written 15 years before Hitchhiker's Guide, and much better!