Armenia TV.. Someone please help!

H

harmieuk2001

Hi. I recently was really pleased to see my favourite Armenian channel "Armenia TV" begin broadcasting on Eutelsat w2. I already recieve the public tv network on hotbird but also want to recieve this. I have been messin with my spare 60cm dish for the last 3 days and have finally (with the help of an old pace reciever!) managed to get a decent strength from the satellite at 16 degrees east. Im currently getting an 8-9db signal on the "georgian tv"mux. One slight problem however is that I dont have a universal LNB on my spare dish, so therefore I cant try the Armenian TV mux. I dont know whether I'd recieve it because all the other single channel frequencies Ive tried wont lock on. This is strange because 9db isnt a bad signal. Could someone with a motorised reciever please just tap this into it and let me know what u get:

12.620 v sr: 2315 fec: 3/4

if u get anythin or not please either email me or let me know . Thanks in anticipation!! Harmick Azarian.. (i need to know this so I know whether to shell out for an LNB or not!)

ckrys1

Reaction score
My Location
pj::
Yes - Armenia TV loud and clear on that frequency with a 1.2m dish in East Scotland. Little blue and red flag in bottom right of screen. Excellent channel for football - Real Madrid v Roma was FTA on Wednesday.

Ckrys1

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I would have thought that the 60cm dish may struggle to pull in the required channel. The db reading you give must be an arbitrary scale and not db, as the threshold of most receivers is much higher than that.

Rolf

H

harmieuk2001

hi. thanks for all your help. Ive managed to get hold of a universal LNB and am picking up Armenia TV with varying degrees of strength. Infact its quite odd.. The signal quality meter is jumping all over the place.. from 15 to 0, then to 3, and 4 etc. Its quite weird and results in a consistently breaking up picture. However, with a little faffing Ive manged to get 8db as the constant c/n ratio and am now recieving the channel so that its watchable. Not bad considering I did it all for nothing with a 60cm dish and no meter, with the help of long pieces of string. Not a bad way to spend my half term :) im 15 by the way hehe! Yes, I agree Armenia TV is an excellent channel actually the most popular one in the country, its also the only one which uses entirely digital production facilities resulting in the crisp high res pictures which after watching their public tv for years, has only become a dream. Death to VHS on TV!!! If you want to know when the next football matches are on check out www.armeniatv.am cheers !

H

harmieuk2001

ok, now things have gone bad.. anyone have any ideas why the c/n is fluctuating so much? it goes from 9 to 5, then 4, then 00 (causing it to cut) iv never seen this on a signal before. usually if its low, then its low, what is there to explatin this fluctuation? any help? pleaseeeee?????! harmick :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There are several reasons why the quality may fluctuate, first is if the dish is slightly off alignment, second is if the signal strength is borderline, third may be a slight obstruction by a tree or similar, fourth could be an old universal LNB that is not sufficiently stable for maintaining signal lock, fifth is moisture in the LNB which will be worse at certain times of the day. There is also the possibility that the frequency needs adjusting up or down slightly to cater for variation in the Local oscillator frequency of the LNB.

If you try to rectify some or all of these you should be able to stabilise the quality.

Rolf

H

harmieuk2001

thanks for your help. There is a tree around the area of the dish but it doenst affect any other channels so I dont think its that. It could be the moisture in the LNB because it was really wet and damp yesterday , anyway, I cant try it because with all my messing about last night I pushed the inclination downwards so I have to wait till I get up on the ladder !!!! The LNB is pretty new and works fine with all other channels, I think ill try adjustin the frequency slightly that makes sense :) Thanks for your help again!!!

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
don't forget if you are using an offset dish (LNB mounted on an arm at the "bottom" of the dish), the signal will be bouncing down to the LNB. This means you need clear line of sight not where the dish appears to be pointing, but some degrees above that. If your dish is looking underneath an object (eg if it is aimed below the branches of a tree) this is an important consideration. In its correct alignment, the dish may appear to be looking at clear sky but the satellite it's aligned for would be above that, perhaps partially obscured by the tree you thought you had avoided.
Similar problems can occur if you mount a second dish underneath a first on the same pole/piece of wall. It may look as if they are pointing clear of each other, but the first dish may be obscuring part of the real field of view of the second.
2old