Armenia TV... someone with a dish? please?

harmio

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hey guys..
Months ago I began viewing Armenia TV on Eutelsat W2 at 16deg east, thanks to the help from people on this forum :)

Now something quite interesting ( and odd ) has happened to the channel. They are claiming on their website (and on their promos on tv etc) that they have become encrypted, and you need to send off for a new "reciever" and pay a subscription fee.

"Thus, the only thing you need to do is just to:
call us at: (3741) 522912 - Satellite Transmission Department of ARMENIA TV or at: (33) 609563119 - European Office of ARMENIA TV, ordering a special satellite receiver for only 68 EURO. "

This very cheap reciever apparently enables you to watch it, although there is no mention of cards or anything when I Called them. Whats also interesting is that now, when I do a NORMAL channel search ( eg. without PID entry) no channels come up in the bouquet, however, manually inputting the PID gets me the channel fine.

IS it possible that this is some kind of dodgy attempt at making us think its "encrypted", by making it only accessible via PID? the reason I ask is because a second channel has also started on the frequency "ARMNEWS" which i'm very interested in receiving, obviously I can't do a channel search as the bouquet comes up empty..so I need another way of getting its PID info. Perhaps anyone with a more sensitive reciever could try and see if they get an empty bouquet too?

its on eutelsat w2 16deg. east on 12.725 V Sr: 3418....

if you get a blank frequency you will then see the channel by inputting the pids of 7681 7697 respectively. Hmmm, I did try guessing the PID of Armnews,, but its a bit of a lottery...

Odd though, and a bit of a con if they are saying they are "encrypted" is this common?? 68 euros seems a bit cheap for a reciever with a CAM.

Any help greatly appreciated.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Crumbs, that's quite expensive for one channel, but the receiver is cheap enough.

Only € 68 for a New DVB Digital Satellite RECEIVER and
€ 130 as Annual Subscription Fee & you will be able
to watch and enjoy ARMENIA TV + ArmNews TV channel 24-hour-long.

It would appear that neither channel is 24hr and that they share the same channel perhaps.

harmio

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i thought so too but ive monitored it 24 hours..it shuts down about 12 midnight. It is expensive for one channel, although another one is meant to join soon, www.tv5.am, but i know thats utter rubbish anyway..
hm