'ART' left hotbird

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 7755
80cm motorised dish
My Location
south england
Hi Everyone

There is an Art Sports thread in the football forum.

When the new satellite went up they moved the hotbird that art sports was on. You have to move your dish slightly of the prime hotbird spot to receive it if you can. So the other hotbird channels have gone down on mine from 80% to 60% but I managed to get ART sports at like 90% or similar. Obviously I don't know if they changed the beam or not. I think I moved the dish West but I can't remember for sure. If you use Usal and you have a perfect setup that will not be perfect for Art Sport now. I have about 90% signal quality with a 80cm dish in South England.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
andrewjames1000 said:
Hi Everyone

There is an Art Sports thread in the football forum.

When the new satellite went up they moved the hotbird that art sports was on. You have to move your dish slightly of the prime hotbird spot to receive it if you can. So the other hotbird channels have gone down on mine from 80% to 60% but I managed to get ART sports at like 90% or similar. Obviously I don't know if they changed the beam or not. I think I moved the dish West but I can't remember for sure. If you use Usal and you have a perfect setup that will not be perfect for Art Sport now. I have about 90% signal quality with a 80cm dish in South England.

:-doh!
No they didnt - Hotbird 2 is still in the same place that its always been - in the middle of the Hotbird cluster:

http://www.lyngsat.com/tracker/europe.html

shows that
HB1 - 13.1 degrees
HB2 - 13.4 deg
HB3 - 13.5 deg
HB4 - 13.6 deg
HB6 - 13.1 deg

If you have had to tweak your dish, then its been moved slightly.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 7755
80cm motorised dish
My Location
south england
Lyngsat isn't necessarily up to date. All other signals were fine and on hotbird are now lower than their maximum because I have to point it off to the side. If you have a motorised dish try moving it slightly West and you should see the signal improve. Some channels that I can get at 80% now have to be at 60% for ART sports to be picked up. I'm not debating whether they have changed the beams or not. As that shouldn't make much difference in the UK. My USAL is setup fine as it works right across the arc. It would seem a bit of a coincidence for these problems happening the same evening as a launch (but of course not impossible).

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
when i scan all i get is

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Why not go for Nilesat ? just turn your dish to 7w(very strong signal)
Actually i just realised art on hotbird is on viaccess and on nilesat its irderto,but the card is probably cheaper and you get 6 sport channels and for a bit more you can receive more channels like the showtime package.
Also I reckon you can sell your hotbird card on ebay quite easily.:)

GREGO147 said:
Thanks for that ANALOGUESAT, ive checked out the link and its made my day even worse !!! Paid for a years 'ART' sport card off ebay and got 2 months use, either that or i move back to England.Thanks for your help and advice.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
andrewjames1000 said:
Lyngsat isn't necessarily up to date. All other signals were fine and on hotbird are now lower than their maximum because I have to point it off to the side. If you have a motorised dish try moving it slightly West and you should see the signal improve. Some channels that I can get at 80% now have to be at 60% for ART sports to be picked up. I'm not debating whether they have changed the beams or not. As that shouldn't make much difference in the UK. My USAL is setup fine as it works right across the arc. It would seem a bit of a coincidence for these problems happening the same evening as a launch (but of course not impossible).

Im not motorised yet - My 13E dish bolted down HARD against the Scottish gales, so I cant check.

It certainly is a starnge coincidence that your problems have started at the same time as a launch, but I make the points:

Whilst Lyngsat isnt always up to date, the tracking info probably comes off tle (two line elements) data sets (available for almost all satellites) which is updated every couple of days.

Unless Hotbird 2 has been shunted more than a degree away from the others, it shouldnt make any difference anyway - the acceptance angle / boresight for an average hobby sized dish is 2-3 degrees.

If they were going to move any satellite - it would be more likely to be be Hottie 1 - thats the one being retired once 7A is operational.

I'll keep an eye out for any references that one of the Hotties has been moved slightly. :)

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
If that were the case then we would have lost more channels from hotbird 1

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Hmmm.....

Need to get that sorted mate :eek:

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
zorba said:
If that were the case then we would have lost more channels from hotbird 1

Not neccessarily - Hottie 1 operates a superwide beam

http://www.eutelsat.com/satellites/13ehb1_popd.html

so a small change wouldnt make much difference to most users.

Please note - all my comments on this matter are educated guesswork - I might be barking up the wrong tree completely. I certainly dont have any access to extra info from what is available to anyone else.

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
Lancelot said:
Hmmm.....

Need to get that sorted mate :eek:

this is what i get hotbird

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
My Location
cheshire,algeria
are you accounting for the fact yours is bigger than mine (dish i mean) and you might be picking up little green men with the size of yours and your nearer

_stu_

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM7025 + 90cm Fibo Dish with Moteck SG2100A mod + Inverto White 0.3dB lnb + 55cm Philips Gregorian + Stab HH-120 + modded BGSat 0.3dB lnb
My Location
Worcs
I think I have to put my hand up as the one that suggested they may have moved Hotbird 2 as I had to move my dish around 10 clicks (which is usually about 1 degree!) eastward on Friday night to get a signal on the ART transponder, although it was definitely stronger than before. However, I then lost some other channels like TPS Foot, although TPS Star was fine.

On Saturday afternoon, I remember I was watching ART and all of a sudden the signal went (along with TPS if I recall correctly).... my first reaction was to think that the dish had moved somehow, although there was no wind or any other explanation for why the dish would suddenly move. I tweaked the dish again, and it came back although I do not know which direction I moved it, or whether it came back back because of something I did, or Eutelsat messing with the beams. However, the signal is not quite as strong as it was Friday night/Saturday morning.

I do not profess to know what has happened, but my motorised setup is fine otherwise, and the fact that it coincided with the launch of Hotbird 7A led me surmise that it was related, and perhaps they had moved Hotbird 2....

They are definitely up to something that's for sure, but I got no idea what...

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
When you have a minute mate, could you possibly update your profile with your system details.

Tnx :-righton

L.:)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
_stu_ said:
I think I have to put my hand up as the one that suggested they may have moved Hotbird 2 as I had to move my dish around 10 clicks (which is usually about 1 degree!) eastward on Friday night to get a signal on the ART transponder, although it was definitely stronger than before. However, I then lost some other channels like TPS Foot, although TPS Star was fine.

On Saturday afternoon, I remember I was watching ART and all of a sudden the signal went (along with TPS if I recall correctly).... my first reaction was to think that the dish had moved somehow, although there was no wind or any other explanation for why the dish would suddenly move. I tweaked the dish again, and it came back although I do not know which direction I moved it, or whether it came back back because of something I did, or Eutelsat messing with the beams. However, the signal is not quite as strong as it was Friday night/Saturday morning.

I do not profess to know what has happened, but my motorised setup is fine otherwise, and the fact that it coincided with the launch of Hotbird 7A led me surmise that it was related, and perhaps they had moved Hotbird 2....

They are definitely up to something that's for sure, but I got no idea what...

If you had problems with TPS as well, theres a problem at your end somewhere - they operate on Hotties 4 & 6.

If Eutelsat had moved the satellite it would have been a gradual drift over several days - you cant shift a satellite around like you are parking your car.

_stu_

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM7025 + 90cm Fibo Dish with Moteck SG2100A mod + Inverto White 0.3dB lnb + 55cm Philips Gregorian + Stab HH-120 + modded BGSat 0.3dB lnb
My Location
Worcs
Analoguesat said:
If you had problems with TPS as well, theres a problem at your end somewhere - they operate on Hotties 4 & 6.

If Eutelsat had moved the satellite it would have been a gradual drift over several days - you cant shift a satellite around like you are parking your car.

I am probably wrong about TPS (I vaguely remember having problems with at least one other transponder in addition to ART), but I do remember thinking something had happened to my dish, to the point that I even went out to have a look. However, all the other sats are coming in as loud as the day I set it up, and it tracks the arc perfectly, so the only conclusion I can come up with is something to do with Eutelsat and/or ART.

I have also seen several posts here and on other forums in the last few days confirming that a tweak to the east fixes the problem, with ART but causes problems with other transponders.

I'm sure we'll find out exactly what happened sooner or later.

p.s. have you seen me parking my car??? :-rofl2

teide_ian

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Home-Amstrad Sky Digi-box on 60cm dish. Bar - Pace Sky English Digi-box and Grundig Sky Eire Digi-box linked to a 2.4m Channel master dish with a single dual output LNB. Digibox for ART network on 90cm dish. Digibox for Digitalalb subscription. Di
My Location
Canary Islands
zorba said:
Why not go for Nilesat ? just turn your dish to 7w(very strong signal)
Actually i just realised art on hotbird is on viaccess and on nilesat its irderto,but the card is probably cheaper and you get 6 sport channels and for a bit more you can receive more channels like the showtime package.
Also I reckon you can sell your hotbird card on ebay quite easily.:)

Give me a clue where I could buy a Nilesat card.......ebay shows nothing..even a google on "nilesat supplier" and variations thereon gives nothing.

Cheers,
Ian

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No such thing as a Nilesat card, you would look for ART/Arabesque.

teide_ian

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Home-Amstrad Sky Digi-box on 60cm dish. Bar - Pace Sky English Digi-box and Grundig Sky Eire Digi-box linked to a 2.4m Channel master dish with a single dual output LNB. Digibox for ART network on 90cm dish. Digibox for Digitalalb subscription. Di
My Location
Canary Islands
rolfw said:
No such thing as a Nilesat card, you would look for ART/Arabesque.

Right, if i understand it correctly, I point my dish at 7º instead of Hotbird, buy a CAM for Irdeto and just purchase a new ART card.......forgive my ignorance, I dont have to search out a card that is specific to Irdeto ?

Many thanks

Ian

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire