'ART' left hotbird

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
teide_ian said:
Give me a clue where I could buy a Nilesat card.......ebay shows nothing..even a google on "nilesat supplier" and variations thereon gives nothing.

Cheers,
Ian
and this post is called "Art" left hotbird

rolfw said:
No such thing as a Nilesat card, you would look for ART/Arabesque.

hm.....art left hotbird

teide_ian said:
Right, if i understand it correctly, I point my dish at 7º instead of Hotbird, buy a CAM for Irdeto and just purchase a new ART card.......forgive my ignorance, I dont have to search out a card that is specific to Irdeto ?

Many thanks

Ian

"art" left hotbird?

rolfw said:

i give up...........:-doh!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Ah, but all of these posts are relevant to the original poster's question, he now can't receive ART from Hotbird in Cyprus and they are discussing how he can on Nilesat. :)

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
rolfw said:
Ah, but all of these posts are relevant to the original poster's question, he now can't receive ART from Hotbird in Cyprus and they are discussing how he can on Nilesat. :)

youd make a goog lawyer rolf:)

i suppose this what's known as circum-navigational evidence

GREGO147

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
NILESAT.
1 meter dish, Ranger f1c1-7000 receiver.
My Location
CYPRUS
GREGO147 said:
Can anyone help, i lost my signal for 'ART' sports 4 days ago and have had no joy in getting it back. Iam using Hotbird on 13deg east and had no problems prior to this. My neighbours have also lost the signal. Any news.
Grego147. Cyprus.:mad:
Hello again Guys, i think ive got you all at it now but atleast your aware of the problem now! Im in need of some more advice, now that i have lost 'ART' sports i am thinking of getting the 'NOVA' package on hotbird 13deg east Irdeto 2. Can anyone lead me in the right direction so that i can obtain a card or subscribe !!!
Cheers,
Grego147.:rolleyes:

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Cheapest way is to get one from someone with an address on the Greek mainland, although they should be available from Cyprus, otherwise expect to pay over the top.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
You can get a nilesat art sports card over here no problem.Where in Cyprus are you?

GREGO147

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
NILESAT.
My Location
CYPRUS
zorba said:
You can get a nilesat art sports card over here no problem.Where in Cyprus are you?
Iam in Larnaca but that would mean having to move my dish to receive Nilesat wouldnt it, in terms of value for money and English programmes is Nilesat better than hotbird and what would i expect to pay for the viewing package ?

simonskyman

I do dishes,me.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
big dish,sat box thingy,colour tv.and a remote control.
My Location
Limassol,Cyprus
GREGO147 said:
Iam in Larnaca but that would mean having to move my dish to receive Nilesat wouldnt it, in terms of value for money and English programmes is Nilesat better than hotbird and what would i expect to pay for the viewing package ?

Moving your dish takes 5 minutes.
The Showtime pack plus sports is very good as it includes english programs as well as top american shows.package starts from cy200 (no football)and 259 (football/formula 1)per year.and you can add on the 6 art sports on top of that.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
You could keep your dish on hotbird for bbc prime and put up another dish for nilesat.the showtime pack includes a channel called style uk which is quite good.I can supply showtime cards(and dishes)

GREGO147

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
NILESAT.
My Location
CYPRUS
simonskyman said:
Moving your dish takes 5 minutes.
The Showtime pack plus sports is very good as it includes english programs as well as top american shows.package starts from cy200 (no football)and 259 (football/formula 1)per year.and you can add on the 6 art sports on top of that.
So the 'ART' sports card would be an extra cost?How much are we talking.? :rolleyes: