Aston 1.05 not working with a SECA 2 card - any ideas?

danny

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have an Aston 1.05 CAM. it used to work fine with an official SECA 2 card. But a few months back it started throwing up error messages and I lose the picture.

Does anyone know if there is an upgrade for the Aston cam to make it compatible with SECA 2 ?

regards

Danny

danny

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks for reply.
I can find my way to parameters. What specifically should I change?

bradle01

Reaction score
My Location
West Sussex, Europe
Hi Danny

I am the MD of the company that is the official Aston importer.

I can help, but I need a few questions answered.

Please specify make, model and software version of the receiver?

Please specify which official card you have - broadcaster, package, any options?

Do you have any other CAM or card in use in the receiver? If so, please specify:
  • CAM make, model, software version
  • Service being watched via that CAM
  • Card - official or programmed PIC card?
Regards

Barry Wood

danny

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hello Barry

Thanks for your interest in this problem.

The receiver is a HUMAX CI 8100PVR
Hardware version NEO REV 1.0
Software version MPTSCI 1.00.30
Loader version h1.14

The viewing card is an official Canal+ Spain subscription bought in August 2003. I have subscribed for Canal+ Deporte, which is the basic package plus an add on of a number of sports channels including Canal+Deporte1 Canal+Deporte2 etc etc. in otehr words I have not done any programming!

The CAM I am using is an Aston 1.05

I am NOT using any other CAM in the receiver (nor is there one embedded in the receiver).

Other information:
The card itself functions perfectly when used in the receiver supplied with the Canal+ subscription in Spain (as you know when one subscribes to these services in Spain, it is mandatory to rent a receiver off them as well). The subscription was taken out in Aug 2003. From then on, the card and cam worked perfectly well in a Nokia 9800 receiver up until around October 2003. Then after October, things went wrong. Since then, when the cam and card are inserted in the Nokia receiver or in ANY other receiver such as the HUMAX listed above, an intermittent error message comes up
' preview mode, you have no right to watch this channel' and then the picture dies. I returned to my satellite retailer in London last week and experimented by using the Canal+ card in other Aston 1.05 cams and indeed with other receivers but this odd problem still persists.

I would be delighted to have your input.

cjgall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 4000PVR with Aston 1.07 CAM, (canaldigitaal), dragoncam,
Sky digibox,
Bush HD Freesat,
Visiosat trisat looking at Astra1, Astra2 and Hotbird.
My Location
Netherlands & Central Brittany
Danny, I have a Dutch Seca2 card (CanalDigitaal) and an Aston 1.05 CAM, they work well together in my Topfield. I know that some receivers had problems with Seca2 and Aston 1.05 when Seca2 first came out. Did you try installing the latest firmware in your receiver?