Aston Cam

Gamboa5000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nextwave S311
My Location
Hi all,

1)I have an aston cam P/N: 901274 Rev 1.2 DVB Number: 00 1608

And when I try to connect it with my computer with the PCMCIA port Windows posts me a message saying to me:
Found new hardware PCMCIA MTD-0002

I am to go on the site of aston and I didn't find a driver for the cam. What can I do?

Is an application software which can exchange data between the cam and the PC ?? (for example of the hexadecimal files).

2) What does the dB in the LNB means? Did the lower dB is the better quality of reception or the reverse?

Thanks.

rkhsaw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax, dragon, Matrix, 4 dishes
My Location
France
don't know about the Aston, I don't think there are any drivers unless you get a proper PC Satelite reciever card with slot extension. You could try the drivers used to read/write to the Matrix cam. -Search this forum for updating matrix with a laptop, I think there was a thread all about it.

for the "db" figure for the lnb, this is the "noise figure" and you want the lowest possible, although there is very little practical difference between, say, 0.5 & 0.3dB.
If you are trying to pick up weak signals, better go for the biggest dish you can afford rather than the lowest dB figure.