Aston Simba 201/2

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
If anybody has one of these receivers gathering dust (or the Xena 1600/1700 and the Digiquest 2000 clone), there is a working funcard file available now for T*S autoupdating. The one I found was over at the Satpimps site.

Llew

kadnor

Reaction score
Hi,I do have a box since 3 years, I would be most grateful if you would guide me towards forums or threads which will help
me to upgrade the firmware of My Simba 202 S V2.0 (grenouille).appli 40600 V Boot 50001.
Any possibility of converting the box to a multicam by means ANA etc

Thank you in anticipation for your guidance.
email/skype available.
Best Wishes,
yours respectfully,
kadnor

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
kadnor said:
Hi,I do have a box since 3 years, I would be most grateful if you would guide me towards forums or threads which will help
me to upgrade the firmware of My Simba 202 S V2.0 (grenouille).appli 40600 V Boot 50001.
Any possibility of converting the box to a multicam by means ANA etc

Thank you in anticipation for your guidance.
email/skype available.
Best Wishes,
yours respectfully,
kadnor

As far as I can find,There's very little information now on updating Boot files and applications for the Simba. Most of these files are at least 5 or 6 years old, since when encryption systems have become more secure.

A couple of sites still have the older files, for example _http://astonsat.free.fr/ has a couple of ANA files (you need to register there), and _http://newxenamania2.altervista.org/board/ has some Boot and apps.

I only use my Simba occasionally now for FTA stuff and blind scanning; I did convert it to Allcam when providers such as T P S and other easily compromised systems were available, but that's a while ago.

Note - We don't enter into correspondence by email, PM or other means other than through the forum, so you must put your questions here, where all members can see them.