Aston Simba 201 + WinLoader

markhunter99

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the windows version of 'Loader', the program some of you may have used to make your receivers do more things than it really should? Its called, imaginitively, Winloader, and I've just tried to use it for my Aston Simba 201 but, despite using the different flahing speeds (it allows you to alter them), all file trnasfers get to between 0-6% then freeze. Does anyone know enough about this program to advise me as to why this might be happening. The normal dos-based version didn't even begin to transfer files. It said it was going, but nothing was moving through.

Also, is there any way to find out how capable your receiver is just from its hardware/boot versions etc? I can get hold of the numbers, i just have nothing to relate them too.

Thanks,

Mark

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Globo - Digital 400 s
My Location
Germany
markhunter99 said:
Does anyone know anything about the windows version of 'Loader', the program some of you may have used to make your receivers do more things than it really should? Its called, imaginitively, Winloader, and I've just tried to use it for my Aston Simba 201 but, despite using the different flahing speeds (it allows you to alter them), all file trnasfers get to between 0-6% then freeze. Does anyone know enough about this program to advise me as to why this might be happening. The normal dos-based version didn't even begin to transfer files. It said it was going, but nothing was moving through.

Also, is there any way to find out how capable your receiver is just from its hardware/boot versions etc? I can get hold of the numbers, i just have nothing to relate them too.

Thanks,

Mark

SOMEONE HELP ME AND THIS MAN PLEASE??????
Also, where can i get the F***** program? im pissed of searching for it.
Not even on the undergrounds i could get it.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
obiwankannabis said:
SOMEONE HELP ME AND THIS MAN PLEASE??????
Also, where can i get the F***** program? im pissed of searching for it.
Not even on the undergrounds i could get it.

What it wrong with you have you never heard of google :-doh!
No wonder you are frustrated click here

But it must go by another name as these programs do not have anything to do with loading software into an stb

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
The Winloader the OP was referring to is one designed specifically for a range of Aston receivers (Winloader 2.12 available from _www.funfiles.ws).

It's used in conjunction with a JTAG programmer, but I found it a bit clunky to use; far better is AstonFlash.

DON'T use with any other STB.

Llew