pace 3110 Sky+ (160gb)
Eurostar diseqc switch
Phillips dvd recorder
80 cm Dish (0.2db dual)
Sky Minidish (0.6db quad)
X-box (chipped)
My Location
london
Ok I have a digiquest p2000 (doh) and a motek disceq motor, I can hapily receive astra 1 & 2, hotbird and arabsat, however if i try any other satelites even with the newest transponders it just wont find hispasat, thor or sirius (or any others for that matter). It is really anoying me. if you could help it would make me really happy. Adam

thomaz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500 1meter dish motor advent 7017 laptop
My Location
s.o.t
hi m8 east 19 /28.2 /13 are all easy to find when looking for the other sat you have to drive your motor a bit at a time to look for hip make shore you have your transponder set at 11851 h 27500 this is a very strong transponder and you should be able to find it if there is no trees or house blocking the signle

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
adamclark1234 said:
Ok I have a digiquest p2000 (doh) and a motek disceq motor, I can hapily receive astra 1 & 2, hotbird and arabsat, however if i try any other satelites even with the newest transponders it just wont find hispasat, thor or sirius (or any others for that matter). It is really anoying me. if you could help it would make me really happy. Adam

:-welcome to the forum adamclarke1234
That is a classic example of your pole not being perfectly vertical, you are able to receive sats East but none West, double check your mountings!!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have to say that if you can't find Thor, then how was the motor set up? From where you are, it is pretty close to your due South satellite and the one that needs to have the strongest signal on installation.

adamclark1234

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Digiquest p2000
Moetek disceq motor
pace 3110 Sky+ (160gb)
Eurostar diseqc switch
Phillips dvd recorder
80 cm Dish (0.2db dual)
X-box (chipped)
My Location
london
Yeah im in london, 80cm dish, I cant even get eutel w2 at 16 or any of the satelites between the sats i mentioned, if you have any clues what the problem is give me a shout. i cant understand it when i can get hotbird at 13 astra 1 at 19 but why not the ones in the middle.adam
Ps (what is the best transponder on eutel w2 and what is its pid audio and pid video numbers)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds like the installation is not good Adam, did you install it, or did you get someone in? As I said in my last post, I am always suspicious when someone cannot receive their due South satellite (in your case 1W), it normally indicates that the setup was not done properly.

adamclark1234

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Digiquest p2000
Moetek disceq motor
pace 3110 Sky+ (160gb)
Eurostar diseqc switch
Phillips dvd recorder
80 cm Dish (0.2db dual)
X-box (chipped)
My Location
london
Nah, i got a bloke into install it. However he installed it by moving the motor round to hotbird and then focusing the dish on hotbird. I still cant understand why i cant get the middle satelites though (such as eutl w3 and kopernic and so on).

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Can't understand why he would do that, do you not have a line of sight to 1W?

On the other point, make sure that you are using a good strong and receivable transponder when searching for 16E like 11.554V 28800 others can be found in this sticky thread http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=28972

adamclark1234

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Digiquest p2000
Moetek disceq motor
pace 3110 Sky+ (160gb)
Eurostar diseqc switch
Phillips dvd recorder
80 cm Dish (0.2db dual)
X-box (chipped)
My Location
london
Motorised setup cost £160 and hotbird alignmment cost £30, i did try myself but got so frustrated with the whole thing. Do you reckon if i center it i will be able to get near 0 with the use of the inbuilt meter on my box. Another factor ould actually be that the mount pole is very s;ightly bent, however i tried to compensate by tightning and lossening some bults from the motor to the mount pole. I just cant understand why i cant get 16e though i mean its inbetween the others.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
16 East is a problem sometimes because of the proximity of the other satellites, but if you use the transponder given in the list, you should have more luck.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
adamclark1234 said:
Nah, i got a bloke into install it. However he installed it by moving the motor round to hotbird and then focusing the dish on hotbird. I still cant understand why i cant get the middle satelites though (such as eutl w3 and kopernic and so on).

Sounds like your transponder lists could be years out of date. For starters the Coppernickers were despatched to the junk orbit 2, 4, and 10 years ago!

Use
http://www.flysat.com/satlist.php or
http://www.lyngsat.com/europe.html

to get your tp lists corrected.

Your motor will never point the dish correctly until the alignment is sorted out. You need to get the dish aligned on the most southerly orbital slot for your location FIRST.

adamclark1234

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Digiquest p2000
Moetek disceq motor
pace 3110 Sky+ (160gb)
Eurostar diseqc switch
Phillips dvd recorder
80 cm Dish (0.2db dual)
X-box (chipped)
My Location
london
Cheers, bit woried that my box has kopernicus on it then.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Should be easy enough to rename it and correct the tp lists for the Coppernickers entry