Astra 1 and Astra 2 Colchester

pierscourage

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky and sky tuner to Astra 2 satellite
My Location
Halstead
Hi, I live in the Colchester area and currently have a satellite receiver tuned to Sky. I want to be able to receive German RTL (2012 Formula One!) but keep the Sky service. Do I need another LNB (whatever that is!) or a new satellite dish?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Welcome.

The lnb is the bit on the end of the dish arm that collects the reflected signal from the dish and pipes it along the coax to the receiver. :)

There are 2 routes you can go - a maybe slightly larger dish with 2 lnb's on it. (one offset from the centre line)

Or a second independent dish pointed at the 19E satellite cluster.

You will also require a second receiver as the Sky box is unsuitable for dual dish setups.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Another sky dish would do it and would be the cheapest option, plus another receiver.

Posted with Tapatalk

cdtronix

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m Triax With Inverto Black Ultra fixed on 4.8East. 60cm Dish Fixed on 28East both Diseqc onto Dreambox 800HD. Cdtronix 1.2m Motorised with Twin LNB using Technomate TM6800 HD. Seperate Sky+ HD & Icecrypt S1500C.
My Location
Essex
we cover Colchester area. Please contact us a quote, otherwise if you are handy with a drill and into your DIY we can supply you a complete kit to install yourself for this.