Astra 1 - Radio Channels (EPG but no sound)

Klaus-3428

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1) Sky+ Digi + 60cm dish standard installation
2) Original Sky Analogue installation with Amstrad 16 ch receiver and 60cm dish
My Location
UK (Bucks HP13)
Apologies, it's been a while since I last posted on this site - it's changed quite a bit.....
. Please point me to the right section if necessary

Apart from the usual Sky and Freesat setups, I also receive Astra 1 on a separate dish, mainly for the German TV and Radio. Just recently I had to replace the receiver, installed a Philex Labgear Skyline 28207RF, I am happy with TV reception, however on radio I find that most of the German station show the EPG info but I there is no sound (for example NDR 1 Niedersachsen, HR, MDR, BR). But on some there is sound, e.g. Deutschlandradio and many of the French radio stations. I have been looking on Lyngsat for any clues but it seems all the radio stations should be FTA.

The Display for NDR1 Niedersachsen shows Downlink Freq 12266, Symbol Rate 27500, Audio PID 671.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Klaus

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Delete the channels on 1266H & rescan. I had the same issue when I checked, but deleting and rescanning has reinstated all the missing audio

Klaus-3428

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1) Sky+ Digi + 60cm dish standard installation
2) Original Sky Analogue installation with Amstrad 16 ch receiver and 60cm dish
My Location
UK (Bucks HP13)
Hi Admin, thanks for the reply. First challenge is to get TP 93 onto the pre-set list of transponders. This particular receiver's list stops at TP 83 and the "add TP" option seems to be very slow. Maybe I should have got a better receiver ..... Let you know how it goes.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
If you already have a large number of TPs stored along with a large number of Channels, you might need to weed a good few out to make room for more.