Astra 19.2

paddy22

Reaction score
Hope someone can shed some light, I'm running a SKyStar 2, motorised 100 cm dish and My Theatre and I'm chuffed with what I get, but I don't seem to be able to tune in properly to 19.2 east. I get an Astra 12032 H but using the latest transponder listing I cannot get anything else. on closer examination I find that the 12032 transpoder identifies itself as "Astra 23 E". Ive moved the dish in increments til i'm fed up on many occasions, but never been able to get anything other than that one transponder. anyone tell me what ive done wrong, I've got most of the others to some degree and I wanted to tryout taquila, heard it's canny.
And can anyone tell me how to get rid of the russian voice overs using MT.

As always I appreciate all the help you guys give.
Thanks

ag10

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-
My Location
-
Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious, but there is the Astra group at 19.2E and Astra 1D at 23E (where there is only one transponder, I think). Perhaps you selected the Astra 1D so your motor is driving to 23E??

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Pull your dish back west 3.8 degrees from where it is when you get that one transponder, then use the 'Max Signal' button to zone in.

Sometimes, you just have to trust what you see. You can't miss 19.2E. It's probably the 'strongest' thing up there.

As for changing the audio, if a different audio channel is available, then you will find it by right-clicking the channel name in the channel bar on the right, and selecting a different audio PID.

Taq is great. You'll love it. :)

paddy22

Reaction score
I'll try the moving back 3.8, but I've tried scanning in increments in both directions, I'll let you know how I get on. the sound issue was concerning those annoying russian voice overs, there is often no right click option available and I vaguely recall a post on a forum that said you could remove these voice overs and get the original soundtrack. been to my theatre forum but could not find the post. and I seen the great post of BGonaSTICKS is con*x back for the ss2 as well?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
paddy22 said:
is con*x back for the ss2 as well?
Indeed ;)

Not sure where you're coming from on the voiceover thing.... the audio is on a separate PID, in simple terms one for each language...occasionally one language on the left channel, and another on the right. There's nothing else to my knowledge. Right clicking the channel name on the right hand side will show you those PIDS, and going from there to 'properties' gives you the option to have the sound as 'a', 'b' or 'a and b' meaning left and right. Problem is, it doesn't work for me. I always get both regardless of what I set it to!

STICK

paddy22

Reaction score
yeh same here about the sound, the post refered to the properties panel and switching off the auto function or somthing like that, it was in one of these forums, I'm going to start copying and pasting these interesting ones for future reference. good news is i've con*x running so the problem of 19.2 east is on the backburner. Cos the Toon v Norwich game is on Can*l Wednesday night on thor. But it still will bug the hell out of me untill I find it

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
LOL, yeah, I remember the days of "don't touch the bl**dy thing until after the football"... and they weren't so long ago!

paddy22

Reaction score
BGonaSTICK said:
LOL, yeah, I remember the days of "don't touch the bl**dy thing until after the football"... and they weren't so long ago!
yeh, well I did the whole system, and now the bloody picture is jerky!! I might as well kick the mut and go to bed and try to sort it for Wednesday, Bet the key's change the morn, just to pee this sad sod totally off!!!

paddy22

Reaction score
BGonaSTICK, got it sorted, I remember when I first got the ss2 I did recieve 19.2 East, well in four months the tree over the road has grown a wee bit, It must be that, cannot be anything else, got the same problem with that bloody three storey house, it blocks anything over 26 West.

And the jerky picture turned out to be a dodgy SDRAM chip, replaced it and all is well. Course I've since rebuilt the machine three times since.
Thanks for the usual patients with us Newbies (or in my case PLONKER) thanks.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton