Astra @19.2deg Alignment question

guardian

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Hi
Can anyone help please ?What is the angle of elevation for the dish to receive Astra at 19.2 degs.My friend has just signed up with Euro online and bought a dish and LNB.but cannot find astra,he just keeps getting "no signal" He can't afford to send for a professional fitter

Regards guardian

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Where is he Guardian? If you first go to www.heavens-above.com to find his exact co-ordinates and then download the calculator from www.smw.se it will give you the azimuth and elevation for the satellite. He may find it easier if he can borrow an old analogue receiver, it is a doddle with one of those.

guardian

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
rolfw said:
Where is he Guardian? If you first go to www.heavens-above.com to find his exact co-ordinates and then download the calculator from www.smw.se it will give you the azimuth and elevation for the satellite. He may find it easier if he can borrow an old analogue receiver, it is a doddle with one of those.
Hi Rolfw
Thanks for the reply .My friend is in Knottingley in West Yorkshire, which is near Pontefract.I have suggested using an old analogue receiver to him but he doesn't have access to one and I thought if he knew the correct elevation he might stand a chance

regards guardian

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well for Astra 19.2 according to Smw link, the elevation sjhould be 25 to 26 degrees, with a standard offset dish, the face will be almost vertical, it will look like it is pointing almost horizontally.

guardian

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
rolfw said:
Well for Astra 19.2 according to Smw link, the elevation sjhould be 25 to 26 degrees, with a standard offset dish, the face will be almost vertical, it will look like it is pointing almost horizontally.

Hi rolfw

Thank you for taking the trouble of working out the correct elevation.I have e-mailed your reply to my friend and when he lets me know of any progress ,Iwill let you know

Thanks again
Guardian

guardian

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Hi Rolfw
Just reporting on my friends saga,with his dish alignment.
He eventually paid a aerial fitter to align the dish.
As you may recall he had signed up with Europe online to get broadband via satellite .He then purchased a dish ,LNB,and the package from euro online on the 24/6/03 the package arrived in July around the twelfth.he fitted in his comp and then had the problem finding Astra ,when that was sorted ,he tuned it in and tried without successs to download (,he had booked and left his comp on all night )and when he tried to the next day he found they had cut him off!!! saying his month was up and his subcription had run out .so after all the expense and trouble he was not able to download a single file .
I am posting this to warn any prospective subscribers to Euro online
to stay clear

Guardian

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
May be worth E-mailing them with the problems, they are actually quite reasonable, never had any problems when i was a member.