60 cm dish-sky
applo analouge reciver
grundig digital reciver
thinking of buying technomate 5000ci or
manathan plaza 300-ir
My Location
cork county ireland
Hello

still astra 1 is causing problems could some one explain why som chanles have poor quality while others are almost digital quality. dsf eurosport mtv and cnn are very poor whilst cnbc byain alfa are perfect yes I have re tuned the reciver replaced the cable etc

dvmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital Motorised Dish, Fixed 65cm Fortec Dish on Astra 1, Fixed 45cm Minidish on Hotbird, Pace MSS500, TM-5600D CI USB Super, Nokia 9800s, Skystar USB 2, Grundig Sky Digibox, Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
High Wycombe, Nr London, UK
I assume you are using a 60cm dish.. any less will result in more than a few sparklies on your picture and is not really recommended for analogue reception.

Are you SURE the channels are tuned into the right frequencies? Double check them here

The channels shouldn't be THAT poor, but some of the channels you have mentioned (ie. MTV, CNN) are some of the very weakest channels and will almost always have sparklies unless you have an 80cm dish aligned exactly. Most people can live with a few sparklies...

Different channels ARE on different "satellites?" and transponders, even though they are at the same point in space, some are weaker than others (MTV being one of the weakest, Arte/Bayern Alpha being one of the strongest)

You could have a particularly sensetive reciever like the Pace Prima, which unfortunately "distorts" the image if the signal is a bit on the weak side. This is annoying, all that can fix this is getting a better signal, going digital or getting a different analogue box.

greg-h

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 meter dish
60 cm dish-sky
applo analouge reciver
grundig digital reciver
thinking of buying technomate 5000ci or
manathan plaza 300-ir
My Location
cork county ireland
using a 1 meter dish I had an 60cm dish but it was destroyed in a storm the picture was perfect with the old dish so I have no idea my reciver is an applo plus