springood

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.3m dish.
HTS 7300 receiver
My Location
portugal
Hello from Portugal

I seem to have downloaded 930 channels from the above satellite.

I can view quite alot of them. The first one in the list is BBC1 London. Unfortunately it says "No audio/Video". Could someone tell me why this is the case?

Thankyou

Steve

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Nobody can answer unless you give the frequency etc of the channel
but it is probably a red button channel or an interactive data stream

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
What channels are you getting a picture on?

I suspect that your dish is not lined up to 28E
(I assume that is what you want)

If you list some channel names AND their corresponding frequencies, we can establish which satellite your dish is pointing at.

Robbo:)

springood

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.3m dish.
HTS 7300 receiver
My Location
portugal
Hello

Thankyou both for replying.

I've moved the direction of my dish! Sorry. What channels I can see are:

E4+1
E4
MORE 4+1
Film 4+1
More 4
8350 (which i just heard the presenter say channel 4, which is fantastic!)
8389 (but the website http://www.lyngsat.com/astra2d.html does not list it)
Efiad

I guess I'm on Astra 2d. The transponder is 10729v.

I've achieved this with a Portuguese receiver. A HTS 7300.

I now want to switch over to using my pace receiver and using my sky card to try and get the itv/bbc channels. I don't know if i can't get the north beam yet. From the connection I have now does that mean I can see the north beam? If that means i can see the north beam which default transponder should the pace receiver be set too?

Thankyou

Steve

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yep, it looks like you have it OK now.

Most of the transponders are listed on Lyngsat, so if I were you, I'd check out all the channels you want on the NON-sky box before proceeding.

The only only extras you will get on the Skybox are Sky 3 and the FIVE channels.

You already have ch4, (8350 I think). You don't need a Sky box for the ITV or BBC channels.
:)

Since you appear to be getting Astra 2D OK, you should be good for everything else.

springood

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.3m dish.
HTS 7300 receiver
My Location
portugal
Thanks Robbo.

I can see all the transponders I want. Namely 10758 and 10773. When i click ok it it scans for the frequencies and I can see the itv names appearing and saving. When I go to look at the programs on tp 10758 it has different program names like...

C Cinema Frission
C Cinema Premier
C Cinema Classic
TPS Star
C Cinema Star
C Cinema Cuite
C Cinema Emotion
C Cinema Famiz
Premier 16

All are subcription packages.

and it says HOTBIRD!!

Any idea how to resolve that one?

Thanks

Steve

springood

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.3m dish.
HTS 7300 receiver
My Location
portugal
By the way Robbo, what did you mean by "the FIVE channels"?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Channel five, Five US, Five Life, can't remember the rest, but if I remember right there are five of them:)

Re- your other issue, just to clarify, what channels can you actually watch and are correct?

If you can get BBC1, ITV, CH4 etc, then the setup is fine.

For the other transponders that have TPS channels names on them, if you don't want them, just delete the channels and rescan.

However I suspect that you need to update your transponder list for 28E, and delete any 'dead' transponders, and rescan all the new transponders ypu have entered.

springood

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.3m dish.
HTS 7300 receiver
My Location
portugal
Fixed it Robbo!

I deleted the tp that was applied for another channel on Hotbird and rescanned.

Screwed up tight the satellite and then the signal was lost for the bbc transponder. I shall get the signal back tomorrow. It's a bit hot working in the sun!

Many thanks for your advice. By the way have i picked up the north beam or the south beam?

Steve

Titoune

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Windows 2000
My Location
Portugal
Hello everyone, hello mate

I have been away from this fantastic site for professional reasons and I missed it. I am living 80 kms from Lisbon (up to north) and I am receiving Astra 2ABD and Eurobird 1 (28,2º and 28,5º) with good signal. In Portugal, as far as I know, you can only get the south beam.

See You:)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Astra 2D doesn't have a North or South beam, just Astra 2D as far as I know.

for the other Astras at 28E lyngsat will tell you based on Tp freq.

Yes, often when tightening up, the dish can move a little and you lose the signal, I have the same problem on my dish.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
2D signals differ between the horizontal and vertical transponders. Over here we cannot receive any vertical transponders on 2D.

springood

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.3m dish.
HTS 7300 receiver
My Location
portugal
Robbo, another question.

If I changed over to the pace receiver to obtain the 5 5 channels via use of the sky card, would it automatically switch over? I've read that the sky box looks for a north beam and if it can't find it then you have to move the dish to find another tp that's on a south beam. All a bit confusing. Can anyone talk me through that one at all?

Thanks

Steve

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Sorry, I don't know, I'm not in a 28E fringe area so don't have to concern myself, but if you search around the forum I'm sure you will find plenty of info regarding the Sky default transponders. As far as I remember the default transponder is changed within the installation menu ,SERVICES, 4, 0, 1, SELECT

springood

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.3m dish.
HTS 7300 receiver
My Location
portugal
Thanks Robbo. I'll take a look.

springood

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.3m dish.
HTS 7300 receiver
My Location
portugal
Done it!

Very easy to do. Did not have to change the dish. Just put in the default transponder number, turn off and on the new receiver and voila!

springood

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.3m dish.
HTS 7300 receiver
My Location
portugal
Good morning.

I've been going through the many channels available on sky. Yesterday the 5 "5" channels ie channel 5, five us etc where not listed. In the evening they came through. Perhaps removing and replacing the sky card was the reason they appeared.

Channel 4 does not show. Is there any reason for this? I could always reconnect the "other" receiver which did show channel 4 but that would be a bit of a pain. I wonder if that is the only way of getting channel 4 (as I enjoy watching channel 4 news at 7pm) there is some sort of product that would quickly switch over receivers quickly?

Steve

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
springood said:
Good morning.

I've been going through the many channels available on sky. Yesterday the 5 "5" channels ie channel 5, five us etc where not listed. In the evening they came through. Perhaps removing and replacing the sky card was the reason they appeared.

The reason they appeared is the card has had time to update usually 24 to 48 hours
springood said:
Channel 4 does not show. Is there any reason for this? I could always reconnect the "other" receiver which did show channel 4 but that would be a bit of a pain. I wonder if that is the only way of getting channel 4 (as I enjoy watching channel 4 news at 7pm) there is some sort of product that would quickly switch over receivers quickly?
Steve
Well channel 4 is tightly focussed on the UK so may be a reception problem i.e. size of dish however you say you can receive it on your non sky receiver which is contrary to my understanding of an FTV transmission so I am not able to say how

springood

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.3m dish.
HTS 7300 receiver
My Location
portugal
Thanks Topper. Maybe someone else can shed some light on the channel 4 issue.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds like you may need to reboot the box to scan in the other channels.