Astra 2/Eurobird Positioning in DB7020? No TP's Showing!

transmission1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020, 80cm Dish, Digipower HH Motor. Dragon Cam 3.02
I'm trying to position Astra 2/Eurobird at 28.2 east in my new dreambox 7020 but when I go into Motor Setup there are no TP's listed under the Astra2/Eurobird section. I have downloaded Dreambox Edit and an update file and this has added all my channels in and bouquets and my other sats are working fine but what's really puzzling me is that when I go into TP edit the transponders for Astra 2 and Eurobird are shown seperately and not combined as in Motor Setup. I guess they must be located in different files? That's also why I cant recieve anything as the box doesn't know the position information.

Does anyone know how to get the Sat list under Motor Setup to show the two sats seperately so I can position and set this up correctly as I'm confused! Is there some file I can upload to the box into a location to sort this out?
smile.gif

Oh, BTW I'm using the standard Enigma image supply from new at the moment.

Thanks
Simon

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
transmission1 said:
I'm trying to position Astra 2/Eurobird at 28.2 east in my new dreambox 7020 but when I go into Motor Setup there are no TP's listed under the Astra2/Eurobird section. I have downloaded Dreambox Edit and an update file and this has added all my channels in and bouquets and my other sats are working fine but what's really puzzling me is that when I go into TP edit the transponders for Astra 2 and Eurobird are shown seperately and not combined as in Motor Setup. I guess they must be located in different files? That's also why I cant recieve anything as the box doesn't know the position information.

Does anyone know how to get the Sat list under Motor Setup to show the two sats seperately so I can position and set this up correctly as I'm confused! Is there some file I can upload to the box into a location to sort this out?
smile.gif

Oh, BTW I'm using the standard Enigma image supply from new at the moment.

Thanks
Simon

The same happened to me on Sat, but i had a back up and loaded these in. It was ok then. You need to load a sat.xml file. Is there one listed in the add ons.

transmission1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020, 80cm Dish, Digipower HH Motor. Dragon Cam 3.02
john_graydon said:
The same happened to me on Sat, but i had a back up and loaded these in. It was ok then. You need to load a sat.xml file. Is there one listed in the add ons.

Thanks for the advice. I found a sateliites.xml file and uploaded this into /var/etc and rebooted the box from power down but it didn't make any difference. It's so frustrating as I have every other sat working fine! )(-red Is the problem I have got down to the Enigma version I am using?

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
transmission1 said:
Thanks for the advice. I found a sateliites.xml file and uploaded this into /var/etc and rebooted the box from power down but it didn't make any difference. It's so frustrating as I have every other sat working fine! )(-red Is the problem I have got down to the Enigma version I am using?

Just loaded the gemeni 8 image into multiboot and the same thing happened again. Cant seem to get it going though. Loaded sat.xml via add on buttons and still no TP in Astra 28.2e. Will let you know how I get on later. Fustrating aint the word for it.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
In my best Scouser voice... "calm down, calm down"...

Gemini 108 28.2E ****-up fix.

Get your satellites.xml file up to date (I use the autosat xml 1.6 plugin which rebuilds from Lyngsat).

Go into Setup.

Service Searching.

Satellite Configuration.

Scroll down to the listed Astra2 satellite (the one between Arabsat2A @ 26E and Arabsat2B @ 30.5E. Can't remember how it was originally labeled, as I've overwritten it now) and position the cursor on the satellite name.

Press OK and select the new 28.2E satellite that's listed (from the new satellites.xml file).

Save it.

Go play with your Dreambox!

That's your lot. I'm off fishing. :)

fisherman_boat.gif

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
BGonaSTICK said:
In my best Scouser voice... "calm down, calm down"...

Gemini 108 28.2E ****-up fix.

Get your satellites.xml file up to date (I use the autosat xml 1.6 plugin which rebuilds from Lyngsat).

Go into Setup.

Service Searching.

Satellite Configuration.

Scroll down to the listed Astra2 satellite (the one between Arabsat2A @ 26E and Arabsat2B @ 30.5E. Can't remember how it was originally labeled, as I've overwritten it now) and position the cursor on the satellite name.

Press OK and select the new 28.2E satellite that's listed (from the new satellites.xml file).

Save it.

Go play with your Dreambox!

That's your lot. I'm off fishing. :)

fisherman_boat.gif

Got it sorted. Repalced the rel.109 with the cvs_1.09 everything fine now. Phew. And what you said didnt work, wasnt even listed in transponder scan. Loaded my .xml file loads of times and still didnt work. Maybe someone dont like 28.2 or whatever its called. Did you see all the fishing gear in Lild.