Astra 2 North - Tenerife dish size?

makum101

Regular Member
Messages
101
Likes
0
My Location
Tenerife South, Torviscas Alto
#1
I own a sky plus box with a 90CM offset dish along with a dual LNB (so I can record and watch). We live in the South of Tenerife and receive all the Astra South channels without problem.

Sometimes on a clear day (well most days are clear here!) I can get a few of the channels on the north footprints (2A & 2:cool: E.g. 'Get Lucky TV' and 'The Musicians Channel' amongst a couple of others. These channels suffer from digital break-up but they are almost watchable.

My question is this... How much bigger a dish would I have to go to, to receive C4?

I'm not interested in getting the BBC or 2D as I have this via other means and do not want to put a 2.4 metre dish on my roof. But I would consider a small increase if this would give me C4


Can anyone help
 

BLUEPLATINUM

Specialist Contributor
Messages
951
Likes
102
Location
Maspalomas, Gran Canaria
My Satellite Setup
ITSarria LTE Internet, 2 X SKY HD, Invacom C120 quad LNB, Raven 2.4m offset dish, TDT (Spanish freeview)
My Location
Maspalomas, Gran Canaria
#2
I know that in Fuerteventura they can get all of the 2A North beam (not 2:cool: with a 1.2m dish.

I also know this is not possible here in Gran Canaria. In fact you need the same dish for the North beam as for 2D here.

Unfortunately I do not have the info for Tenerife. It will be interesting to see the answer when it is posted.
 
Messages
97
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
3.0 m OffSet dish - Astra II
1.2 m Offset dish - Astra & Hot Bird
0.60 mts Hispasat
0.60 mts Nilesat

Box Kaon 570 & Pace 2600
My Location
Tenerife - Canary Islands
#3
makum101 said:


My question is this... How much bigger a dish would I have to go to, to receive C4?

Can anyone help
2.40 mts minimun.... better 3.10 mts
 

jacko

Regular Member
Messages
304
Likes
12
Location
tenerife
#4
hello,
my next door neighbour has a 2.4 metre dish
here in tenerife.has channel 4 only a couple
of hours a day.the suppliers have been back
loads of times with different receivers and lnb¨s
good luck.
 
Messages
2
Likes
0
#5
Please help. I have a house in Fuerteventura and have a 1.2 metre dish which receives Channel 4 (not ITV or BBC) and the news channels. We used to get Reality TV but that seems to have stopped for some reason. I don't know what satellite my dish points to (perhaps you can help). Could I point it to a different satellite?.......would that help?

Tony
 

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
45,495
Likes
8,231
Location
Scottish Borders
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
#6
homer said:
Please help. I have a house in Fuerteventura and have a 1.2 metre dish which receives Channel 4 (not ITV or BBC) and the news channels. We used to get Reality TV but that seems to have stopped for some reason. I don't know what satellite my dish points to (perhaps you can help). Could I point it to a different satellite?.......would that help?

Tony

You are receiving the same satellites as the others - its the Astra 2 cluster of 4 co-located satellites at 28 East. (Astra 2 A / 2B / 2D / Eurobird 1)
 
Messages
2
Likes
0
#7
Analoguesat said:
You are receiving the same satellites as the others - its the Astra 2 cluster of 4 co-located satellites at 28 East. (Astra 2 A / 2B / 2D / Eurobird 1)
I am really naive on this subject. Does that mean I will receive viewable signals from all the satellites you mention? We don't appear to get anything from Eurobird. Is there anything I can change?
 

Baxter Boy

Regular Member
Messages
51
Likes
4
My Location
Canary Islands
#8
homer said:
I am really naive on this subject. Does that mean I will receive viewable signals from all the satellites you mention? We don't appear to get anything from Eurobird. Is there anything I can change?
Homer

I live in Lajares, Fuerteventura. Where do you live?

It sounds as if you have a Digibox with an old card that only receives free to air channels.

You can upgrade to receive various subscription packages. There is an installer in Lanzarote who can arrange this or you can do it yourself via a friend or family in the UK. Have a look at this website for more info:

http://anglais.free.fr/outils/sky.html

If you want to receive BBC & ITV via satellite you need to upgrade to at least a 2.4 metre Channel Master dish. You’re talking mega bucks to do this and reception can be unreliable between 8:00 and 10:00pm.

There is someone who has installed a 3.8 metre dish and is rebroadcasting BBC & ITV to certain parts of the island via microwave. Unless he is paying copyright fees to the BBC & ITV, I suspect it is illegal to rebroadcast these channels.

Hope this helps.
 

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
45,495
Likes
8,231
Location
Scottish Borders
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
#9
homer said:
I am really naive on this subject. Does that mean I will receive viewable signals from all the satellites you mention? We don't appear to get anything from Eurobird. Is there anything I can change?
No since all the satellites have different transmission characteristics (footprints). The only thing you can really do to improve reception is put up bigger dishes, although you may find you need a giant dish for some services. Take local advice.
 

trigger

Specialist Contributor
Messages
676
Likes
50
Location
Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote
My Satellite Setup
30W, 27.5W, 7W, 0.1W
4.8E, 9E, 13E, 19E, 23.5E, 26E, 28E
Technomate 5402HD super
Bein Sports on 25.5E
FTE Mini S2T HD Analyser
Horizon HD S2 sat meter
My Location
Lanzarote, Canary Islands
#10
Homer and Baxter Boy
I am in Lanzarote and have recently been playing with a 3.1M dish and having no problems with 2D signals. We are interested in the other Islands and if these dishes would work elsewhere. The price here is €2500 installed. If you can help out with dish sizes and signal info it would be apreciated.
 
Messages
2
Likes
0
#11
jacko said:
hello,
my next door neighbour has a 2.4 metre dish
here in tenerife.has channel 4 only a couple
of hours a day.the suppliers have been back
loads of times with different receivers and lnb¨s
good luck.
Your neighbour should get channel 4 and BBC/ITV 24 hours per day with dish lined uo correctly,
Ask them to E-mail me if they are still having probs.
daztfs@yahoo.com
 
Top