ASTRA 2D BBC & ITV RECEPTION

siena_us

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Si, certo, se non da noia a nessun altro. / Yes of course if it doesn't bother anyone else.

Is it okay though if I respond in English ?

barney

Reaction score
Bene,
anch'io ho montato domenica mattina una parala primo fuoco da 3 metri nuova,per riuscire a vedere almeno tutto il north beam del 2A, e poi magari il 2d.
Bene, anzi male, purtroppo la situazione e rimasta pressocchè invariata rispetto alla 240cm che avevo prima che era di seconda mano e non perfetta.
riesci tu avedere tuuto il north beam?
In che ore ti arriva il segnale del 2d?
Quale convertitore avevi prima, e quale hai adesso?
Abbiamo lo stesso ricevitore, è il migliore addirittura quando si puntava la parabola con il misuratore di campo non agganciava il segnale, mentre con il digibox il segnale era ok.
Chi ti ha installato la parabola?
Grazie

siena_us

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by barney

riesci tu avedere tuuto il north beam?

Si. That has never been a problem. The only channels I have a problem with are the 2D ones.

In che ore ti arriva il segnale del 2d?

Now, we get it from 11 in the morning until 7:30 in the evening then again from 8:30 or 9 until midnight at least. I checked at 6 this morning and it was not coming in completely (had the blocky cut outs)

Quale convertitore avevi prima, e quale hai adesso?

Do you mean the lnb? If so I'll have to ask as I do not know.

Abbiamo lo stesso ricevitore, è il migliore addirittura quando si puntava la parabola con il misuratore di campo non agganciava il segnale, mentre con il digibox il segnale era ok.

The signal was good with the misuratore (don't know what it is called in English:eek: ) and still good with the digibox. We may change the cavo that comes into the house as my installer did not put it in, the electrician that did the house did and I don't think it is the best quality.

A friend who installs satellites did the setup for me. If you want I can send him this link to read and respond to you. Let me know.

Where do you live that you need such a large dish? They think I am crazy with a 1.8.

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Your results on 2d are interesting, can you copy and confirm the dish performace information.

It will be some thing like 49.6 db at 12 GHz, I will then run a few calculations to see what the 2D expected results should be.

As I have previously confirmed I have heard that Astra 2d Northerm beam has been recieved at a South of Rome location on a Patriot 3.8 mtr with no problems- 100 % reception. The Patriot dish is a professional dish with a respectable gain for its size.

One significant differnace on the 3.8 is that it utilsied with a specific KU feed and Magnetic poloriser,( driven by a other receiver) maybe selectivity of the reciever is also adding to the problem? do you have the facillity to replace the current LNB with a dedicated feed and Poloriser ?

Regards

Old Satellite

barney

Reaction score
Yes, my friend looking for an orthmode, and we hope to have the best quality fron the Horizontal and Vertical.
This for the north beam of 2a, but why i can't receive any signal from 2d?.It's impossible that the signal go out if in sien is Ok whit a 180 cm.I'm 150 miles under siena, i'have the same latitudine of Rome.
Thank you for your reply.

siena_us

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Old Satellite
Your results on 2d are interesting, can you copy and confirm the dish performace information.

It will be some thing like 49.6 db at 12 GHz, I will then run a few calculations to see what the 2D expected results should be.

Okay, you have to help me out here. Where do I get this info from?

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
The dish supplier should be able to provide the signal recieving parameters.

An Orthmode will normally provide very good reception of Vertical and horizontal.

What feed horn will you use on the 3.0 mtr?- you will need a switch though to switch the LNB to the reciever input from the vertical and horizontal LNB

Good Look

Regards

Odl Satellite

barney

Reaction score
thank you very much old satellite.
we are testing the group feed/lnb.
It's normal feed (diam.ca 10 cm), is very similar at that of my ex 240 cm. I hope it is the right choise..
The cable run directly from exit of lnb to receiver
Probably we test sunday whit a 180 offset channel master 50miles of south from me.
i report this other new thest.
Thanks

meatball

Reaction score
Website
vsatcommunications.utvinternet.com
My Location
dublin/Ireland
hi all,

just to let you"s know meatball is from ireland dublin, flew over to italy 2 weeks ago to do some tests for italian customer to try and receive astra 2d, as my last report says no joy, with above equipment, going back with 2.4 metre channel master offset antenna, what do you"s think ?.

many thanks,

meatball.

barney

Reaction score
Very good meatball.
Where you go a south of Rome?
Can i come whith you?

Ciao

Expat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HD Freesat
Gibertini 150 cm dish for Astra 2D.
Technomate TM-1500 CI+ viewing Astra 2, Astra 1 and Hotbird
Sky receiver for FTV channels.
My Location
Copenhagen - Denmark
Dear all, I never expected this thread to still be going strong (unlike Astra 2D's signal).
I will soon be gathering some more information from Scandinavian viewers. I now have another receiver to work with, a non Videoguard one (Samsung 9500 Conax, Viaccess CAM).
The manual tuning capabilities are much better than on a SKY receiver, so I will try my luck again and then once the signal is found, reconnect my Panasonic 30. I will get back to you all very soon!
Expat

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Good to see you Expat, look forward to your input. :)

Expat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HD Freesat
Gibertini 150 cm dish for Astra 2D.
Technomate TM-1500 CI+ viewing Astra 2, Astra 1 and Hotbird
Sky receiver for FTV channels.
My Location
Copenhagen - Denmark
STOCKHOLM 100CM
Patched Samsung DSR 9500

Reports that the signal is very weak, though receivable.

WEST NORWAY 100cm
Reports that channels are watchable though some picture break up, this dissapears after changing the switcher to a Spaun.

AARHUS DENMARK 100CM
All 2D fine.

Dan Dan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
19/26/28 1m
My Location
tenerife
to get NORTH BEAM here you need 2.4 m dish
to get 2D here you need 3.0 m dish
to get SOUTH BEAM here you only need a 60cm

MartinP

Reaction score
Website
www.satcure.co.uk
Regarding VERY big dishes:

It's important to realise that a BIG dish will swamp the LNB with a STRONG signal from the south beam. When this occurs, the signal from 2D will effectively disappear.

What you should try to do is to align the dish for the best signal quality from 2D at around 7pm (or when it is weakest). You can use the "Manual Tuning" facility in the secret Installer Menu to set the parameters for, say, ITV. This will allow you to monitor the signal quality on the TV screen while you align the dish and optimise the LNB focal position and "skew" position.

Obviously, you'll need the TV screen near to the dish for this method!

You can also set up the dish and LNB with a spectrum analyser, provided that you set it for Astra 2D.

Someone requested the "What Satellite TV" report on Invacom LNBs?

As soon as I get a moment, I will scan it and put it here:

Martin

Corrigapp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 1.8 dish, Foxsat-HDR, Inverto LNB
My Location
South Sweden
>>Someone requested the "What Satellite TV" report on Invacom LNBs?

Yes, that was me. No need now, but thanks anyway. Hopefully it might be of use to someone else.

I took the plunge a month ago and bought one (single, offset), but the results were disappointing. So far, none of the 10 or so LNBs I've tried has been as good as the Eurostar 0.5 I started with. My next tack is to try to get a feedhorn from Gibertini and then get a flanged LNB, but I don't know which one yet.

Peter

MartinP

Reaction score
Website
www.satcure.co.uk
Originally posted by corrigap
>>Someone requested the "What Satellite TV" report on Invacom LNBs?

Yes, that was me. No need now, but thanks anyway. Hopefully it might be of use to someone else.

I took the plunge a month ago and bought one (single, offset), but the results were disappointing. So far, none of the 10 or so LNBs I've tried has been as good as the Eurostar 0.5 I started with. My next tack is to try to get a feedhorn from Gibertini and then get a flanged LNB, but I don't know which one yet.

Peter

This gave the best test results in southern Spain: AP8-TW
"Universal LNB 0.6dB with C120 flange fitting, screws and gasket.
Ideal for use in fringe areas where Sky Digital reception is a problem."

barney

Reaction score
hi martin P, i always read your news on What Satellite TV.
Very interesting.
im in Abruzzo and i'have a 3 mt dish prime focus and MTI 0.6 APTW.
I have tried more than one lnb and this is the best.
No Astra 2D, never. Also i have problem with some trasponders of 2a.
why is it that I recieve only the high frequencies (nearly all day) but I only get the low frequencies from 4pm to 9pm?
Not only that but to see these frequencies I have to move the dish and sometimes I lose eurobird.
thanks

skyoutUK

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8m, Lenson Heat 80cm triple feed 13° 19° & 28°, Triax TD110 with Jeager SuperJack, sky+ Pace v2, Panasonic TU-DSB20, Humax 5400, no name FTA and heap of old analogue receivers
My Location
right next to the big dish
Just to add my info:
I'm on Adriatic island of Krk (northwest Croatia)
Dish: LensonHeath 80cm triple LNB HotBird, Astra 19.2(Center) and Astra 2
digibox: Panasonic TU-DSB20
all channels Ok all the time (including C4 E4) but no Astra 2D

I tried to find 2D with 1.2m dish with echostar and humax 5400 receivers but no luck.

If anyone from northeast Italy managed to get 2D with big dish info would be greatly appreciated.

With BBC moving all of their channels to Astra 2D soon outlook is not good for us outside of the footprint.

barney

Reaction score
hi,
i'm in Abruzzo, in front of you.
With a 300 cm no astra 2d, also problem with 2a north.
Now big problem for BBC!!!!!!
I now in Bologna the signal of 2d is OK with a 125 cm.
No news below this, a part me.
Bye