ashto

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-3500 D+
Fracarro monoblock LNB
85cm Dish
My Location
Cambridge
I have had an analogue setup for some time receiving Hungarian tv for my wife on Hotbird. Our anolugue box gave up the ghost so we have bought a digital box (TM-3500) hoping to continue to view Hungarian TV on hotbird and also receive the FTA channels on Astra 2D.

I got a little confused (did not do my research) and bought a monoblock thinking this would do the job!!

So my question:

I have an 85cm dish pointing at Hotbird, can I add another LNB to pick up astra 2D.

If yes, can I join them in some way so I can use one cable as my box only has one input (my box supports DiSEqC 1.0 & 1.1 but not sure how this works)

I hope this makes sense, any help gratefully received

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yes,another LNB for 28E is perfectly possible. You would just need a bracket that fits your dish to hold the extra LNB and a 2-way DiSEqC switch.

The switch would be using DiSEqC 1.0.

The other alternative is to fit a motor to the dish.

You cannot use a monoblock with those two satellites.

Robbo:)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
An example of what you could achieve is the following:

Multi bracket as discussed with 3 LNBs (13e, 19e & 28e)

Attached is a picture of one I fitted some time back:)

Attachments

• SP_A0101.jpg
    SP_A0101.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 99

jphili

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Twin monoblock and twin LNB on 80cm transparant dish rigged for twin reception from HB Astra 1 and 2 + TopField TF 7700 HDPVR + TwinHan VisionDTV
My Location
BE
You can use a monoblock with a 4-1 DiSeqC switch, but the catch is that you must connect it to both the A and B entrances of the switch. If it is a twin monoblock, you can connect both to the switch, or otherwise you need to make a T cable (a T with three F connectors exists)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Monobloc is out of the question, these two satellite are far too apart (15 degrees).
You can use a diseqc switch for a single cable run :)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
jphili said:
You can use a monoblock with a 4-1 DiSeqC switch, but the catch is that you must connect it to both the A and B entrances of the switch. If it is a twin monoblock, you can connect both to the switch, or otherwise you need to make a T cable (a T with three F connectors exists)

Good info though mate, even though it is not relevant to the OP at this time. Although he actually could make use of this and have 13E 19E and 28E., were he to get a 4-way Diseqc and use as described.:)

ashto

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-3500 D+
Fracarro monoblock LNB
85cm Dish
My Location
Cambridge
Thanks for all your advice, I have ordered a multi bracket & a 4-1 switch as suggested (hopefully I will get them on Saturday), I have discovered another Hungarian channel on Astra 1 so it will be good to have 13E,19E & 28E.

I hope my next post won't be about dish alignment!

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
ashto said:
I hope my next post won't be about dish alignment!

Hopefully you won't need to move the dish too much, since it is already on Hotbird.

Some brackets have an LNB at the focus, others don't. What dish is it?

jphili

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Twin monoblock and twin LNB on 80cm transparant dish rigged for twin reception from HB Astra 1 and 2 + TopField TF 7700 HDPVR + TwinHan VisionDTV
My Location
BE
Robbo71 said:
Good info though mate, even though it is not relevant to the OP at this time. Although he actually could make use of this and have 13E 19E and 28E., were he to get a 4-way Diseqc and use as described.:)

Yup, that's what I meant, just as to be able to keep what's installed already. Personally I have 13E 19E and 28E running as this.

ashto

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-3500 D+
Fracarro monoblock LNB
85cm Dish
My Location
Cambridge
Hi everyone,

Just finished installing my multi bracket (which required me to move my dish). Managed to take all your advice on board and now have tuned in 13e, 19e & 28e using my monoblock and my old LNB. It took all morning but am very happy with the result.

After installing all the channels I have found the equivalent to Hungarian BBC and ITV, unfortunately these are scrambled (Nagravision). Does any one know if there is anywhere on the web that sells subscriptions for other european countries?

Thanks again for all your help!

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
ashto said:
Hi everyone,

Just finished installing my multi bracket (which required me to move my dish). Managed to take all your advice on board and now have tuned in 13e, 19e & 28e using my monoblock and my old LNB. It took all morning but am very happy with the result.

After installing all the channels I have found the equivalent to Hungarian BBC and ITV, unfortunately these are scrambled (Nagravision). Does any one know if there is anywhere on the web that sells subscriptions for other european countries?

Thanks again for all your help!

Well done ashto. :)
You can try the site sponsors.
http://www.satellites.co.uk/index.php?page=sponsors
Which package are you looking for?

ashto

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-3500 D+
Fracarro monoblock LNB
85cm Dish
My Location
Cambridge
Hi HB13DISH,

It is the UPC Direct package, I have looked a some of the sponsors sites and they do sell the cards but they are over £700 per year. I think my wife will have to make do with FTA stations.

However she is in Hungary at the moment, whether she could by a cheaper subscription while she is over there?