Markjose

Young one with a hobby
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 110 ..... No fixed location
My Location
Monmouth
Hello
I had bought a freesat HD box and had a 80cm dish,in my familey house in north west Spain had a little fiddle with it and at first I couldn’t pick up 2D den day following day in clear sky’s I just about received it however I think I must consider a stronger gain LNB or larger dish as the signal strength is not very strong but it is possible in north west Spain with a 80 cm dish.
:)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Best option go for a larger dish. I would of thought looking at the coverage maps a 1.8m would be about right :D

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well from the look of it a high quality 1.2m dish would produce some channels, but a 1.5m would be more productive.

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
If you could say which channels you managed to receive, it would help to give advice.
If you get partial or very weak reception of 2D, a rule of thumb to use is to jump up two or even three dish sizes from the current one used. This would get you to 120 -150 cm, which should be good enough. In Madrid, very weak reception is possible on a 100 cm dish but 180 cm is needed for good signal all day.
Please also say what time of day you set up the dish.
2D horizontal is very strong in Spain first thing in the morning, and drops of considerably later in the day. Vertical is also strong early morning, drops off middle of the day but comes back stronger in the afternoon and evenings. There are also a couple of hours good horizontal reception around tea- time, for reasons unknown.

Markjose

Young one with a hobby
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 110 ..... No fixed location
My Location
Monmouth
ok then i can tell that Getting 2D in spain is a bit like luck. however the previuos owners had left a 1.2 meter dish in the back garden, i have just spent the morning adjusting and laying cables. i never used it becuase didnt think it would work it was just on the garage roof, but now i am able to recive 2D. 10729 V this is where i am getting the lowest signal strengh only 89%, this could be down to the LNB screw maybe? the only reason why i used 80cm dis is becuase i had one wierd to the house by Digital + saves me going making new holes just adjust the dish, but when it was only giving me just about 60% on a good day i hear sumthing must be done.