astra 2d in Rome Italy

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I presume you've looked at the sticky thread Meatball, I agree though its not perfectly clear as to whether reception of 2D is available with less than a 1.5 metre or so.

meatball

Reaction score
Website
vsatcommunications.utvinternet.com
My Location
dublin/Ireland
Can't find footprint of astra 2d coverage in middle italy, to figureout dish size, calculated guess 2.4 metre offset, 3 metre prime focus ?, any info,
thanks meatball.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
From looking at the 2D sticky, I wouldn't have thought that it would need that big.

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Astar 2 D signal are pretty weak at your location, I would estimate around the 36 db. For reception I would advise at least a 2.4 and a 3.0 mtr ( high quality solid dishes only) idearly if you have the space etc.

I have not seen reception reports from your area on smaller dishes on Astra 2 D

regards

Old Satellite

meatball

Reaction score
Website
My Location
dublin/Ireland
Thanks Old satellite,

I agree with you 36 approx dbw, signal level at Rome.
I'm thinking of using a channel master 2.4 metre offset antenna,with very low noise figrue L.N.B..
Dish gain at 11.95 ghzs is 47.6 dbi, what do you think ?,

with thanks,
meatball.

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Potentially it may serve your goal, however if you have the space then it would be a safer option to invest in the 3.0 mtr option, here your rain faid margin etc would be significantly higher. Additionally the costs are simlar.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Old Satellite

barney

Reaction score
Ciao, i live in Abruzzo.I've a panny 30 and a 2.40 mt solid dish IRTE whit a lnb Mti 0.6 apt..The best for the our area.
I no receive astra2D in any hour during the day.
Also i,ve problem whit 2A SIGNAL. Now i receive the freq. 12.226 from 1pm, 12164 from 1.15pm and 12.148 from 2pm. last frequency is 11.778, from 17.00 pm and it is the first to go out at 8.30 pm. in the morning 12.226 go out at 8.00am.In the summer i've the same problem, but the signal is ok only from the 18.00 pm.I dont now why? I've noted this from two year. I've changed same lnb but no more change.
Now i wanted a 180/240 channel master.My installator and my friend say " it is the best". Where you can search for this?
Thank you for reply.

amdlewis999

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i've got a panasonic 30 and 1.3m dish with a cambridge lnb and receive bbc etc. okay. most of the time i also get channel 4 although ' never get ITV.
I'm getting really nervous about the new BBC move to 2d.
andy suggestions.

Expat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HD Freesat
Gibertini 150 cm dish for Astra 2D.
Technomate TM-1500 CI+ viewing Astra 2, Astra 1 and Hotbird
Sky receiver for FTV channels.
My Location
Copenhagen - Denmark
I am currently setting up a small website for those of us outside the Astra 2D footprint. Now that the BBC is moving both radio & TV, there will be even more nead for a place where all expats & sat enthusiats can come for usefull information and news. There will ofcourse be a link to this GREAT SITE!
I could use your help, if you have any information or tips on equipment or reception please contact me! Anything that can help others, pull in this dreaded bird!
Well if the BBC wants to go FTA, good, let's watch them!
I will let you all know when the site is online!

barney

Reaction score
Very good Expat!
i'm doing same test on lenght of cable.
Very interesting. When finish i report you.
Ciao

:p

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
When you've got the site up and running Expat, PM me with the URL and I'll include it in the Links list, you can also put it in your sig.

Expat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HD Freesat
Gibertini 150 cm dish for Astra 2D.
Technomate TM-1500 CI+ viewing Astra 2, Astra 1 and Hotbird
Sky receiver for FTV channels.
My Location
Copenhagen - Denmark
Glad you all ´think a site is a good idea! I will set up an email address shortly, so all information to be included can be posted there.

meatball

Reaction score
Website
My Location
dublin/Ireland
Hi all,

Going back to South Italy 100miles south west of rome in 1 month,
customer agreed to 3 metre prime focus Irte antenna, hope this with pull in RTE, BBC tranponders, ? Channel master only do 2.4 metre offset antenna, 3 metre 2 db higher gain, will need as much signal as possible.Customer has a very big garden facing south east, something went right.
all help greatfully needed.

meatball.

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
The IRTE 3.1 mtr at your location is potentally likely to be prove very very close to recieving a signal from 2 D

The IRTE "USER " version are not the highest gain providers for this size of dish typcially 1-2 db at 11.3 GHZ below that of similar priced altenatives.

Can you please confirm your exact location as you may need a 3.7 or larger for success.

regards

Old Satellite

barney

Reaction score
Can i come with you?
im just 150 Km from Montattico.
i can bring a Panasonic 30, some lnb and my 300 cm dish?????
When you go?
Ciao

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
That sounds good, Meatball and Barney, perhaps a photo for the thread, we haven't had any for a while and it would be informative for other members. :)