Astra 2d north beam or south beam

gpage24

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky,Showtime,Supersports,Art,1.2 meter dish,Lacuna mk4 meter,Horizon ,satcatcher,
My Location
canary islands
when installing a dish in the canaries do you use the astra 2d north or south beam? son just brought out a seccond hand lacuna meter? have downloaded the north south beam data from their site, Thanks

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
AFAIK there is no north or south, it's just a (very narrow) beam centred on the UK.

It's 2A and 2B which have north and south beams.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Some early lacuna meters look at the 2A North beam only. The later models can look at North & south beam transponders 'quoted - Ideal for Spain, the UK and the rest of Europe'. Although, with the correct size dish, you should be able to receive North & South anyway:D

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
The best Astra 2 dataset for Spain is the UK Multisat, which the one loaded if you buy the meter in the UK.
If your meter has north/south it is worth replacing it using the Satloader app from Lacuna. (only works on Windows XP, uses a USB cable if you have version 3 and above)

gpage24

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky,Showtime,Supersports,Art,1.2 meter dish,Lacuna mk4 meter,Horizon ,satcatcher,
My Location
canary islands
snap said:
The best Astra 2 dataset for Spain is the UK Multisat, which the one loaded if you buy the meter in the UK.
If your meter has north/south it is worth replacing it using the Satloader app from Lacuna. (only works on Windows XP, uses a USB cable if you have version 3 and above)

Yes it is mk4 meter with north and south, have version satloader3.1 problem i have is when transfering the north south data set(jan 08) from the lacuna site the meter is freezing when i transfer the set, im using win xp home sp1,

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
If it completely refuses to update, try another PC. If you still can't do it phone Lacuna and they will give you the address of the repairers in the UK. They are fairly efficient.
We had some problems at SkyinMadrid with the V.4 meter, short battery life and locking into a re-boot cycle.
It's now been repaired.
I can't update my meter, which is V.3, as I have Windows Vista. Not sure if this affects all Vista machines, my copy of Vista is on a Mac using Boot Camp.

RobinB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Sky box, 1.9M dish
My Location
Spain - Near Alicante
So to clarify, if a person is in the southern europe area, should they align to the dish to get the best signal on 2A/B south beam ? (or on 2d)

Or on another ?

Is there any difference in the channel lineup ?

thanks

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
It's a long time since I has the north/south dataset loaded on the Lacuna, but I seem to remember that the Astra all transponder set is missing.
It is vital to load this data set on the meter when aligning in Spain.
I use a cascade method:
Align first 2A south, then 2A north, 2D vertical, 2D horizontal, then finally TP 51 and 53 which are the two weakest TP's.

gpage24

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
canary islands
snap said:
It's a long time since I has the north/south dataset loaded on the Lacuna, but I seem to remember that the Astra all transponder set is missing.
It is vital to load this data set on the meter when aligning in Spain.
I use a cascade method:
Align first 2A south, then 2A north, 2D vertical, 2D horizontal, then finally TP 51 and 53 which are the two weakest TP's.

All sorted out works a dream, north and south loaded up ,,,,,thanks everyone;)