Astra 2D reception in South of France

SIMONDORE

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Does anyone know how a Satglobe 45cm satellite dish with the MTI LNB would received Astra D in the St. Tropez region of France?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I would think that you would be pushing it, 60cm would be a safe minimum. Didn't think that the didgiglobe gave you a choice of lnb.

ccc

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Does anyone have any reception reports for Astra 2D
at or near Antibes
or even say between St Raf to Nice?
Dish, size, lnb & rx would be helpful...
Cheers

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I think that the nearest we have is Montpellier, it is in the sticky thread in the first post.

ccc

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yes, thanks rolfw
I think that the eirp footprint of 2D
shows probable significant difference from Monpellier,
hence I hope that a someone reading will be able
to give an Antibes specific feedback.
Cheers

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Coventry, UK
Antibes, Menton, Nice and Monaco are all out of the 1.2m footprint so you will be pushed to get anything atall with a dish smaller than 1.5m. I am moving back to Antibes next Spring and am not bothering to try and get it its too much hassle! just taking my 80cm dish and makin do with bbc world! St Raphael may be ok with 1.2m it may be just within the footprint.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The footprint is only a general guide, hopefully we can obtain some reports from the area which will clarify the situation.

ccc

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks for your input ricki_coventry
I think that Rolfw is right,
the actual may not exactly match the predicted footprint.
Additionally,
if you look at the 2D footprint
you will see that there is a very steep roll off at Antibes.
I still hope that a reader out there will be able
to provide an actual reception report from or near Antibes.
Cheers

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Not quite as far over as St Tropez but I can confirm that near Orange 84 that the standard $ky minidish won't pull in BBC/ITV. I then tried a standard 60cm dish with a minidish type LNB (I didn't have a spare Universal LNB so I realise the dish won't be looked at properly) and this made no difference.

I installed a system at some friends nearby using an 80cm dish fed by a quad LNB and this is working perfectly - they didn't even know about the satellite changeover.

I'm planning on trying out a region 2 minidish when I go down next month. I'm hoping this should be big enough, with the LNB matched to the shape of the dish, otherwise it's an 80cm dish for me as well I think.

PaulR

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Thanks for that PaulR, be interested to hear your results. I have certainly found that a Zone2 minidish offers close if not equal to 80cm performance, I'm using one on my motorised system at the moment with pretty good results.

david a

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
south of france
rolfw said:
I think that the nearest we have is Montpellier, it is in the sticky thread in the first post.

I'm sure I saw a recption report from a Mike at Valbonne but I cannot find the message.

I'm in a valley N. of Menton (right up against the Italian border).
I currently have Canal + and Tps on separate lnb's into one 80cm dish.
I have picked up an ON digital box from the UK and would like to use the tps lnb to retune to Astra 2D.

Can I do this and still pick up canal+ through the same dish or do I need a second dish, please?
I appreciate - as a novice - there are lot of other points to resolve but this will do for starters from someone.

Thanks.

David A. - Menton ( 43.7830°N, 7.5000°E) at about 180m

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately David, the Ondigital box is for terrestrial broadcasts only and cannot be used for satellite reception. In a short period of time, BBC channels will be free to air and so you will be able to use your existing digital receiver.

F

FEBUS

reception report: 2D available in Pau, SW France

60cm dish
Amstrad DRX200
Cheap (30 Euro) SEDEA solid 60cm dish+SEDEA UNI LNB

micheal

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
SIMONDORE said:
Does anyone know how a Satglobe 45cm satellite dish with the MTI LNB would received Astra D in the St. Tropez region of France?
Hi, I have a satglobe that used to work here in Marbella BBC1/2 and Channel 5 but since they moved I cannot receive the BBC . Channel 5 is still okay. I am willing to sell if interested. Micheal

lee_uk

Reaction score
i am very new to all this so be nice.

i am looking to get sky dig in MILLAC france. i need to know what size dish i need and anything else i need.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Looked at Multimap and came up with four Millacs, but if yours is one of these, then a 60cm should be fine, an 80cm would be great, even in bad weather.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Probably from almost any of the large French hardware outlets Leroy Merlin or perhaps even somewhere like Geant or Carrefour.

Failing that there are loads of places online to buy.