Newbie Here Astra 2E From Santander

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
CJ...The Channel Master /Raven /Andrews Feedhorn very different...(basically much longer)... to the Gibbertini Feedhorn.......I tested both.....the Gibby F/H is better than the Raven F/H on the 150 Gibby.....
Thanks - just like I suspected. Now to find one at a reasonable price...

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
Invacom's single C120 is way below their quad C120 in performance.

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
Invacom's single C120 is way below their quad C120 in performance.
That was also my understanding too although I've not done a comparison test.

5ºwest

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.5m gibertini humax foxsat
My Location
north spain 43.51N 5W
appologies for wrong info in the earlier post - the feedhorn I have is a Gibertini not Invacom
( captain jack - it came an online supplier in north wales £24)

Dish is an offset Gibertini 1.5 and all the LNBs I tried are quad

It appeared to me that the inverto black ultra was slightly better than the invacom QDH-031 but
invacom QDF-031 with the Gibertini feed horn was better than either

I may be seeing reception at its worst as its been raining heaviliy here for the past week ( it is the costa verde!) However, 2E reception has been solid and the 2F SD channels are ok but go with strong rain as do the 2E HD channels. The 2F HD channels fade even with moderate rain.

One day I will to go back and try the LNBs again to see if the results are the same, and I also need to do some fine tuning of the dish to see if 2F can be improved

Nagusia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 0p150 with single Inverto Black Ultra plugged into Humax FOXSAT HDR | Portable 80 cm dish with IBU plugged into TechniSat SkyStar USB HD DVB-S2 receiver/W7 64 Media Center / ProgDVB setup.
My Location
20 km south of San Sebastian N Spain
Is the Gibertini feedhorn the same as the Raven/Channel Master one? I've tried the Channel Master one with the converted IBU and the results were worse than with a plain IBU...
That said, your feedhorn looks different from my CM one.
When I tried the feedhorns with the Invacrom single, the Raven seemed to work slightly better (you have to do a bodge to put it in the right position), although neither worked as well as the IBU single (unconverted). I believe clown man got different results. With the DIY IBU single conversion, the Gibertini definitely works better than the Raven, although I'm not sure the latter is worse than the plain IBU.
I'd be happy to get rid of the Invacrom C120 single & Raven feedhorn combo although what I'm saying here would undermine any honest attempts to sell it.
I find it hard to understand why the quad version of a LNB would work better than a single, but people do seem to find that to be the case.

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
W
...I find it hard to understand why the quad version of a LNB would work better than a single, but people do seem to find that to be the case.
Hard to understand, but true. There's a very big difference. All Invacoms have good cross-polar rejection but the only outstanding performer in weak signal areas is the quad C120. I've tested all models (Horn and Flange ) in Spain. It's something to do with the LNB's power management, according to Invacom, but even they are not sure exactly why.